Author Topic: Summer Stories/Trips 2015  (Read 4661 times)

telly

Summer Stories/Trips 2015
« on: June 29, 2015, 07:57:45 am »
Now that the summer is about a month in (sad :( ), are there any cool things that you've done or trips have you've been on?

I just went on vacation to Myrtle Beach... 14 hour drive ugh. The beach was really great and the water was superrr warm which I was not expecting because I used to go to the Atlantic in Cape Cod or NH, but it was very nice. If only the water wasn't salty  :o

I also did a bridge walk in WV which was fun, it's under the New River Gorge Bridge, which is about 850 feet above the ground. We had hook ups and rappelling stuff, but it wasn't too scary. We took pictures and I'll try to find one of me maybe. The scenery was really nice. I miss the mountains haha
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:48:34 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Re: Summer Stories/Trips 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:52:54 pm »
Im from Colorado and recently moved to Colorado springs, and went to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb yesterday soo cool im really getting into cars and it was so cool to see. Unfortunately, they had to shut it down early but what I did get to see was awesome

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:16:29 pm »
House sitting for the next 3 days. My brother has a puppy and a new salt water tank that needs watching.

Also have to house sit again on July 4th....

I live the life....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 09:44:26 pm »
House sitting for the next 3 days. My brother has a puppy and a new salt water tank that needs watching.

I live the life....

Dayumm. You could always party it up at the house you're sitting ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:52:29 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

telly

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 09:52:06 pm »
Im from Colorado and recently moved to Colorado springs, and went to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb yesterday soo cool im really getting into cars and it was so cool to see. Unfortunately, they had to shut it down early but what I did get to see was awesome

That sounds pretty sweet! I've always wanted to go to CO to go skiing or something. Have you always lived in Colorado or did you move there from somewhere else?
Currently Playing:

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 10:22:20 pm »

I'm from Colorado too! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to much because of work, but hopefully I'll get to do some mountain biking and some other fun stuff.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 10:44:27 pm »

I live the life....

I did all my partying in my late teens/early 20s. I might pick up a 6 pack of IPA on tuesday and hang out and watch the ANgel game.

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 10:48:04 pm »

I live the life....

I did all my partying in my late teens/early 20s. I might pick up a 6 pack of IPA on tuesday and hang out and watch the ANgel game.

Fair enough haha. I'm actually going to a Tigers/Blue Jays game this weekend!
Currently Playing:

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 11:01:17 pm »
I'm just gonna stay home and remain virgin and sober.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 11:03:19 pm »
I'm just gonna stay home and remain virgin and sober.

1. Buy booze
2. drink booze
3.??
4. No longer a virgin

1049-2600-8730

docsarcastic

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 12:05:25 pm »
30+ degrees in England, Celsius, not Fahrenheit. Too hot to leave the house, we're all sat trembling with fear, drinking what we can of our tea, putting factor 9000 sun-cream on, having barbecues. Me? I'm inside, playing Serious Sam and Crash Bandicoot
I write books, collect games and achievements and so on. Considered pure, molten evil by many.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
- Everything

VGCollect stuff: https://vgcollect.com/about/DocSarcastic

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 12:17:36 pm »
So i locked myself out my brothers house.... So i had to walk a mile, bare foot, in my PJs, to my brothers in laws house, to key the spare keys......

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 12:46:37 pm »
A friend of ours turned 50 in the middle of June, so to celebrate around 20 of us went to lovely Key West, FL. My partner and I stayed at the Casa Marina and the rest of the crew stayed at the various guest houses on Fleming Street. The trip was an absolute blast. Here are some of the highlights.

The Blue Q: We spent nearly the entire day on a boat that took us to an amazing spot for snorkeling. The crew provided us with drinks, lunch and ensured we were all comfortable during the voyage. After the snorkeling, we went to a sandbar where we splashed about some more and took some fun pics. As we were leaving, we saw dolphins playing. It was a perfect day. And to top it off...

Sunset Dinner at the Westin: ...we had the perfect evening. We took a trolley to the Westin for a catered birthday celebration. Not only was there an open bar, the food was impeccable. Everyone toasted our friend to turning the big five-zero.

Nomadic SUP: For the first time, I went paddle boarding. Being the klutz that I am, I'm surprised I only fell once. Our guide took us to secluded mangroves and we saw some wildlife and were given a great tour that was away from the nonsense and noise of Duval Street. I highly recommend everyone doing this if they ever get a chance.

Those excursions aside, the rest of the trip was great. Friends from Cleveland met up with us, so that was an awesome reunion. We ate and drank in great restaurants and usually were able to sit outside since the weather was perfect.  We checked out a ton of adorable bars and coffee shops. And yes...we did check out Ernest Hemingway's house.

It was a perfect vacation, and just the right length. I'm already excited about the prospect of going back again.

telly

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 11:20:11 pm »
That sounds like a lot of fun! I went to Key West when I was in 1st grade, so I don't remember much :P I remember Disney World being the bombbb though
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 09:43:34 am »
That sounds like a lot of fun! I went to Key West when I was in 1st grade, so I don't remember much :P I remember Disney World being the bombbb though

It was a blast. I can't wait to go back to try new things and do the Nomadic SUP excursion again. This was my second time in Key West. The first time was when I was 21, but I was on a cruise so we didn't get to really "explore" the city.