Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 25971 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

With it being hot out y'all should be hitting up Flea Markets & Garage Sales now, show us what ya got this July.

spac316

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:26:54 pm »
Bought Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic games for Wii and Tank! Tank! Tank! for Wii U.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 04:31:48 pm »
Toad amiibo!

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 04:48:14 pm »
I got N2O for Steam through a giveaway.

Yes, the PS1 game. A company is starting to release PS1 games on Steam.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 01:08:58 am »

If you can't tell, I'm in a Dreamcast mood lately. It's been so long since I played Toy Commander, it's great to have it back. Oh, and Castlevania III Dracula's Curse. I finally have it.  :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:15:28 am by Warmsignal »

argyle

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 11:22:46 am »
I had a great couple of gets yesterday! :D

First, rewind. This past Fri. evening I was at the Gamestop I frequent most browsing around & talking to my friend who's the manager. I happened to mention to him that I only had one Wii game that I had bought disk only, and that's because it is hard to find & expensive online. It's Data East Arcade Collection. Well, he says "let's see if we can find one!" and starts punching in random zip codes he knows. He ends up putting in a New Jersey area code, finds one, calls & the store and when they verify it's complete ask them to send it down. Down to Alabama, mind you. ;) The girl said she would, but after he got off the phone he said what I was thinking - "Now let's see if they actually send it."

On Monday, I happened to do a search for Afrika for the PS3 and since I was on my work laptop the zip code defaulted to one further up-state than mine. Turns out a copy was in stock right on the Alabama/Tennessee line. So I called my same store and asked the girl who was working if she could get them to transfer it. She calls me back about 5 mins later & says it's on the way. Had no idea if this one was complete, just hoping for the best.

Yesterday my friend texts me a pic of both games, complete! :D I stopped by after work and grabbed those 2, using a $10 coupon to knock Afrika down to $10, then since "why not" I threw in another $10 game to take advantage of the b2g1 free that's running. VERY happy about those!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 11:50:58 am »
Bought an official Japanese Smash Bros 4 white Gamecube controller the other day. It is so sick!

gf78

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 01:04:30 pm »
Well, including my browsing in Florida during vacation and my eBay purchases....I've done pretty well in the last month.

Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix for PS1 complete (broken hinge on case, a few light scratches on discs)
Dino Crisis w/RE3 demo for PS1 complete (near mint)
Dino Crisis 2  for pS1 complete (near mint)
Final Doom for PS1 complete (near mint)
Driver greatest hits for PS1 complete (crack on case)
Urban Chaos for PS1 complete (general used condition)
Spider the video game for PS1 complete (light shelf wear, a few light scratches on disc)
Tenchu for PS1 complete (light disc scratches, shelf wear, broken hinge on jewel case)
Point Blank 1 & 2 for PS1 complete (near mint)
Pac-Man World greatest hits for PS1 complete (shelf wear, minor scratches on disc)
Resident Evil for PS1 complete (shelf wear, minor scratches, minor dings in the booklet)
Resident Evil Director's Cut w/RE2 demo for PS1 complete (light shelf wear to case)
Resident Evil Director's Cut greatest hits for PS1 complete (shelf wear, minor disc scratches, minor little dings in manual)
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis w/Dino Crisis demo disc for PS1 complete (light shelf wear)
Blasto for PS1 complete (light shelf wear)
MediEvil for PS1 complete (near mint)
MediEvil II for PS1 complete (near mint)
The Legend of Dragoon for PS1 complete (very light scratches on discs, 1" crack in case front)
Prince of Persia the Fallen King for Nintendo DS complete (like new)
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate for PSP complete (shelf wear, cracked UMD casing...it was a buck and I'll replace the casing)
Getaway Black Monday for PS2 complete (minor disc scratches, plastic on box has a slit through it that doesn't go into the art)
Yakuza for PS2 complete (light shelf wear)
Resident Evil 4 for PS2 complete (light shelf wear)
Samba De Amigo for Wii complete ($0.94 including tax at Gamestop!)
Resident Evil 5 for PS3 complete (shelf wear)
Resident Evil 6 for PS3 complete (shelf wear)
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City for PS3 complete (shelf wear)
Resident Evil Revelations for PS3 complete (shelf wear)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 for PS4 (new)
Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward for PS4 (new)
Batman Arkham Knight for PS4 (new)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:10:53 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 01:22:37 pm »
I just got back from vacation in San Antonio. I had a couple of solid finds and found an awesome game store. Hit up DPad in New Braunfels, TX if you're ever in the area.  Paul is a good dude.

Hit up a flea market for some ok finds.

Dreamcast Keyboard (NIB) $5
Odd World: Stranger's Wrath $2
Some random toys including a Bucky O'Hare figure $1-$5 (I had to have that Bucky!)

I really enjoyed D-Pad. It's a fun store with a good staff. Lots of random, hard to find stuff. I had a blast in there.

NES cart storage box thing $10
Rastan (SMS) $20 - Not the best price ever, but I'm ok with it.

On the way home, I stopped at The Game Room Trading Post in Malvern Arkansas. This store is great. Such a massive selection of stuff. To be honest, it's a little picked over these days; but it's still got lots to dig through.
I grabbed some boxed games for $20
Batman: The Video Game
The Uncanny X-Men
And another game I can't remember right now. I had the game but wanted the box. What the hell was it?  I'll edit this later when I remember.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »
My haul today. Pretty good deals. Surprised to see Drakengard 2 in the wild, not a steal of a price but I love buying things in stores rather than online. Pretty bummed at what I had to pass up today (Lunar II for $100 and Dark Cloud 2 for $40) both were just too much for me to spend. Going to the flea market on sunday so we'll see what happens.

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 06:21:10 pm »
I had a great couple of gets yesterday! :D

First, rewind. This past Fri. evening I was at the Gamestop I frequent most browsing around & talking to my friend who's the manager. I happened to mention to him that I only had one Wii game that I had bought disk only, and that's because it is hard to find & expensive online. It's Data East Arcade Collection. Well, he says "let's see if we can find one!" and starts punching in random zip codes he knows. He ends up putting in a New Jersey area code, finds one, calls & the store and when they verify it's complete ask them to send it down. Down to Alabama, mind you. ;) The girl said she would, but after he got off the phone he said what I was thinking - "Now let's see if they actually send it."

On Monday, I happened to do a search for Afrika for the PS3 and since I was on my work laptop the zip code defaulted to one further up-state than mine. Turns out a copy was in stock right on the Alabama/Tennessee line. So I called my same store and asked the girl who was working if she could get them to transfer it. She calls me back about 5 mins later & says it's on the way. Had no idea if this one was complete, just hoping for the best.

Yesterday my friend texts me a pic of both games, complete! :D I stopped by after work and grabbed those 2, using a $10 coupon to knock Afrika down to $10, then since "why not" I threw in another $10 game to take advantage of the b2g1 free that's running. VERY happy about those!
Wow, I can't believe that your friend was able to transfer games from huge distances. I haven't had much luck outside the normal 100 mile radius. But good job with Data East Arcade Classics, that's one of the hardest complete Wii games to find, and that one took me a long while to find as well.

doafan

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 07:38:35 pm »
Received this beauty this past Wednesday but being honest Pinterest is absorbing a lot of my free time and since my vacations after two long years has finally been approved I have to put everything in order, a friend found this game at only 9.00 bucks in a EBGames store and he kindly sent it to Mexico, is not new but everything is in excellent shape, used to rent this game in at a Blockbuster video center (yes this store is still operating here) cause I totally love Milenna and now I own a copy of it, kinda disappointed with the MKX and only because they have done the female characters more realistically proportioned  :-\

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »
$8- Pac-man & Galaga Dimensions for the 3DS basically a compilation of classic Pac-Man, galaga, Pac-Man Championship edition, Galaga Legions,Pac-man Tilt(a platform game with some tilt physics) and Galaga 3D Impact (an on-rails shooter with galaga enemies). surprisingly Tilt and 3D Impact work surprisingly well

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 11:07:34 pm »

My B2G1 picks.

theflea

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 12:52:14 am »
Garage sales where scares this weekend due to the holiday, but even though I only was able to hit maybe 20 sales I still was able to find some video game goodness.  :)

First the store/online buys.
Another Limited Edition from NIS came in the mail and I took advantage of Gamestops B2G1 free sale.

VITA
- Ar Nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star - Limited Edition
- Mind-0
- Deception IV: Blood Ties

WiiU
- Duck Tales Remastered

PS3
- Dark Souls II - with sountrack and steelbook case.
- Aquapazza
- Akiba's Trip
- Full Auto 2

XB360
- Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
- Divinity II
- Just Dance 2014 (on a clearance table brand new for $5)

Now on to the garage sales....

A Guinness World Record 2010 Video Games edition book for .25c

The first sale I hit was one that advertised a TON of classic games, NES, SNES, PS1, Genesis etc...
I knew right away this was a collector selling and was going to be higher priced, but figured I'd check it out.
I was right and everything was HIGH Ebay prices and he was firm on most everything good. There was nothing I wanted to even try and bargain for so I left.

After many sales of nothing I finally found a sale with Gamecube games, and they where only .50c a piece.  :)
GC
- Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
- Wario World
- Geist
- Fire Blade
- Rayman 3
- Sphinx

Next I found a box full of PS2 stuff, A PS2 Slim in like brand new shape, even have the online disc still sealed and manual with it. Also had a Nascar Steering wheel and 4 games. I asked on price and was told $10 for it all and I couldn't leave it. lol
PS2
- Nascar 2005
- Chessmaster (sealed)
- Up
- Ace Combat 5

Next I found 2 NDS games, there where marked at $5 each but I got em for $4.
NDS
- New Super Mario World
- Super Mario 64 DS

The very next sale down the street had 2 Gameboy Advance SP lots, They wanted $50 for each lot. They weren't in the best of shape and where 001 models so I picked out a stack of them and asked if they would sell just the games, and after some talk we agreed on $20 for this stack.
GBA
- Dragonball Z: Legend of Goku II
- Bomberman Max 2 Blue
- Spy Hunter / Super Sprint
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Spyro: Season of Ice
- Disney Princess: Royal Adventure
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Battlebots
- Butt Ugly Martians
- Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
- Bionicle
- GBA Video: Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Charlotte's Web
- Power Rangers: Time Force
- Batman Begins

And last My best pick up, Stopped at a sale and asked about video games, they told me no selling nothing like that here. I was about to leave when a lady asked what kind are you looking for? I said all kinds and the lady said she had an old Atari, I said I'd love to see it and she goes to look for it, she comes out and tells me she couldn't find it. Oh well then another lady there said she has a box of old gaming stuff at her house, she wasn't sure what it was, so i gave her my number and left the sale thinking i'll never hear from her. (like most of the time I hand out my number) Well she text me back and we agree to meet at the garage sale the next day. And when I go back she shows me a box full of N64 & Genesis stuff.  :) I quick like look through and see some decent games and she told me to make an offer, she talked how a couple of the games where selling for $20 plus so I had to make a decent offer. I offered $50 for the whole box then she countered $60 and I took it. The Genesis wasn't the best but the N64 lot made it worth it.
GEN
- A Sega Genesis Model 2 with controller and all hookups
- Sonic the Hedgehog (with case)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (CIB) but the case is really beat up.
N64
- 2 Charcoal N64's with 6 controllers (only 1 has a loose stick) both had power cords and only 1 AV cable. Both had jumper Paks in them.
- A Extended RAM Pak dumped loose in the box.  ;)
- A Mario Kart 64 Players Guide
- A stack of Manuals including the system manual.
- Mario Kart 64  :D
- Super Mario 64  :D
- Virtual Pool 64
- Vigilante 8
- Wetrix
- Magical Tetris Challenge
- Goldeneye 007
- Namco Museum 64
- Donkey Kong 64

"Happy game hunting!!!"