Author Topic: Product Pictures  (Read 766 times)

Product Pictures
« on: July 02, 2015, 12:51:09 pm »
I saw back in Feb there was a post about enlarging box art down the road. I think that is a great idea and it would definitely help to have nice big pictures of everything having to do with the games to help spot fakes when game hunting.

I feel like we could use a few more picture categories though. For cart games it would be great to have a spot for circuit board pictures. It would also be nice if the CD/Cart section could include the inside of the case or if there was a section for just the inside of the case. Fake cases for DS games for example look different from the real thing so having a good clear picture of the real one would help. One other one that might be good is a spot for the front and back of the manual.

Keep up the great work on the site!

Re: Product Pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:27:33 pm »
Personally I don't follow the case idea. For example on the DS there are only a few different kinds of cases that were made. Once you know what they look like you're all set. I think a thread would better for that kind of thing because there would be a lot of redundant data/wasted space if every single entry had an image of the case. It's not like every case is unique.

I like the idea of manuals at least. On newer systems the manuals a lot of times have alternate art that could be cool to look at.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:29:48 pm by badATchaos »

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 04:56:21 pm »
Not only that, but in some instances, there can be a few different versions of circuit boards, depending on revisions, what factory produced it, etc.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 07:10:48 pm »
Yeah I see your point about the cases. I just went through a whole mess trying to get a few DS games as a birthday gift for someone and it was so hard to find good pictures of the real games to compare. Would be great to have good quality pictures to compare with.