Author Topic: Possible Mega Man Legends Spiritual Successor by Inafune/Comcept  (Read 3287 times)

This to me very much looks like Comcept is gonna be looking at doing to Mega Man Legends what they did with Mega Man.  Lots of "Legends" talk and the characters have that Legends feel.  If this is happening, I want it way more than ever wanting Mighty No. 9 lol

http://www.destructoid.com/keiji-inafune-probably-making-mega-man-legends-successor-295206.phtml

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Possible Mega Man Legends Spiritual Successor by Inafune/Comcept
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 02:34:52 am »
Yes, please!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:50:30 am »
What an amazing time to be a gamer!

I hope this gets a Kickstarter campaign like Mighty No.9

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 05:02:20 am »

Day 1 supporter for it if they do.  I didn't do Mighty No. 9, because I don't really have as much love for the 2D Mega Man's, but I love the two Legend games and been hoping for this to happen since Capcom abandoned Legend 3.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 11:47:18 am »

Day 1 supporter for it if they do.  I didn't do Mighty No. 9, because I don't really have as much love for the 2D Mega Man's, but I love the two Legend games and been hoping for this to happen since Capcom abandoned Legend 3.

I'd have to wait until towards the end of the campaign (have $150 invested in Bloodstained and $600 in Shenmue 3 at the moment), but I would definitely back that project.

I just wonder if they're going to start fresh or do some weird thing where they explain what happens after Legends 2. Dat cliff hanger doe!!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 04:06:56 pm »
I just wonder if they're going to start fresh or do some weird thing where they explain what happens after Legends 2. Dat cliff hanger doe!!!!

Well they clearly will have to do something completely new since it'll have all new characters with an all new plot.  Nothing is gonna change that ending unless Capcom actually makes Mega Man Legends 3 someday.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 03:47:24 pm »
And here it is.  They are doing a kickstarter for the game "Red Ash - The Indelible Legend".  Sounds to be everything that we think it is.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend

Also they are doing a smaller separate kickstarter to try and get an anime made for it.  I'm probably gonna do both.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 04:15:46 pm »
It looks pretty cool, although I'm curious to see what consoles they release it on. I also am wondering if it will be a 3D action game like MML?

Definitely see myself backing this at some point :)

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »
It looks pretty cool, although I'm curious to see what consoles they release it on. I also am wondering if it will be a 3D action game like MML?

They basically say it is and that veterans who made MML are working on it.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 05:17:02 pm »

They basically say it is and that veterans who made MML are working on it.

I saw that and that was my assumption as well. I guess we'll see what consoles they will be bringing this too.

theflea

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 05:31:49 am »
I love the idea of this game and will back it the second I see they make a physical copy for any console system.
Mighty no.9 original kickstarter had no console release but they got it released later.
So when Red Ash is made on consoles you bet I'm putting my money down on a copy.
And if they announce an exclusive PS4, Xbox or Wii physical copy on their kickstarter you better believe I'll pledge some money.  ;)
It happened with Shenmue 3 so I might happen with Red Ash too.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 12:39:13 am »
I have heard some opinions on this that do make a lot of sense as to why this kickstarter hasn't gone off as much as Mighty No. 9 and that some are actually quite iffy about it, being that Mighty No. 9 hasn't released yet and they are already asking for money to move ahead on their next project.  They haven't proven their success with No. 9 to show that people should be ready to help them out.  I know I was initially hyped on the prospect, but trying to take a more unbiased look at this project, I'd actually agree that maybe it wasn't the greatest idea for them to do this before they've even shipped their first Kickstarter game.

I haven't jumped in yet, because of budget issues, but I do agree that it might not have been the best idea to start this up before they have a game they can show as a success.

abe

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 09:41:47 pm »
A console port stretch goal has been added at $1 million. :) I hope this kickstarter makes it to the $1.5 million for the extra story missions too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 09:55:53 pm »
Sadly with the pace of things, it's not likely to get to that.  It's trudging a long now and while I think it'll make its money to get the game made, I don't think it'll be surpassing it.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 12:07:47 pm »
That sucks. I've completely stopped gaming on my PC. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of keeping up on parts, compatibility issues, patching games, and all that nonsense. It's easier when I own multiple consoles to just stick a game in and start playing.

I've done my part to spread the news. Everyone else needs to do the same so we can get a console port!!!