Author Topic: SHENMUE 3 Slacker Backer Campaign is now open! Paypal Option Available!  (Read 5748 times)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1283532

Wow. . . what an incredible journey, and really a dream come true!

The Kickstarter campaign is now over, but we ended with $6,333,295, shattering the previous crowd funded KS record set by Bloodstained, Ritual of the Night. It also set records for initial funding as well. There were definitely misstep with the management of this Kickstarter campaign, but overall such accolades and the end amount are nothing to be disappointed in.

WE ARE FINALLY GETTING SHENMUE 3!!! A game that many, including myself, thought would never happen! And with the money that was raised we will surely get an incredible gaming experience; Yu Suzuki and his team of experiences developers will make this game as good if not better than the Shenmue and Shenmue 2.

From one Shenmue fan to another, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of you who supported the Kickstarter and donated any amount; it is because of you it was such a huge success :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:00:36 pm by bikingjahuty »

gf78

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS GETTING A PHYSICAL PS4 RELEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:15:33 pm »
Very cool and it was a big hang-up for me as I hate digital only titles.  But with Sega owning the rights to the first two games, what will be their fate?  I don't have a Dreamcast any longer nor do I have the first two Shenmue titles.  If Sega turned the rights over to Yu for a physical release of the first two games, I would back this.  But the way Sega has been going, I don't think we could even count on a lazy download-only port.   >:(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:27:47 pm »
Very cool and it was a big hang-up for me as I hate digital only titles.  But with Sega owning the rights to the first two games, what will be their fate?  I don't have a Dreamcast any longer nor do I have the first two Shenmue titles.  If Sega turned the rights over to Yu for a physical release of the first two games, I would back this.  But the way Sega has been going, I don't think we could even count on a lazy download-only port.   >:(

There is no news of Sega planning any sort of release, but a lot of people, including myself, believe that if this KS campaign is ridiculously successful Sega will take notice and do something with the first two games. Whether this a a re-release on PSN or an HD remaster physical release, nobody knows, but it is certain that Sega has noticed how much love still exists for this game.

And as a consolation, Shenmue 3 will include Shenmue 1 and 2 "Cinema Shorts" Which I'm guessing is the retelling of the first two games through cut scenes or something.

theflea

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:12:15 am »
Whoo Hoo!!!
NOW i'm pledging my $60 OOHHH YAAAA!!  ;D
"Happy game hunting!!!"

telly

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 01:19:42 am »
This is great news! I don't even own a PS4 and I think I'll back it  :D

EDIT: Just backed itttt uppp
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:27:58 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 03:32:41 am »
Sadly I've never played shenmue:( never owned it. Prices are high now. But I am excited for this. I've watched alotta gameplay on DC. Hope its badass enough for $60
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

abe

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 09:49:34 am »
Looks like it's time to back the project now. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 03:08:20 pm »
Sadly I've never played shenmue:( never owned it. Prices are high now. But I am excited for this. I've watched alotta gameplay on DC. Hope its badass enough for $60

I played the first game for maybe 15 minutes so I'm kind of in the same place. I'm hoping that the prices for Shenmue I/II will go down after the 3rd game is released. I still need a PS4 and a Dreamcast and an XBox to play all the old ones so it will still take a while for me :D
Currently Playing:

gf78

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 12:30:00 pm »
It's been years since I touched a Shenmue game...but if I remember correctly they were pretty heavy with quick-time events.  In the current gaming climate where a QTE is an blasphemous affront to the Gods, will Shenmue get a free pass or be crucified?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 05:34:00 pm »
It's been years since I touched a Shenmue game...but if I remember correctly they were pretty heavy with quick-time events.  In the current gaming climate where a QTE is an blasphemous affront to the Gods, will Shenmue get a free pass or be crucified?

Compared to all of the other gameplay elements the QTEs are not that numerous. Sure, they are there, but no more than they are in most modern action games.

telly

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 07:18:33 pm »
Aren't the QTE's mostly in the cutscenes? I see that more as a way to immerse the otherwise non interactive portion of a game as long as it's not too excessive. I don't mind that as much compared to a QTE that is supposed to take the place of an actual boss fight (like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed).
Currently Playing:

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 09:08:14 pm »
Aren't the QTE's mostly in the cutscenes? I see that more as a way to immerse the otherwise non interactive portion of a game as long as it's not too excessive. I don't mind that as much compared to a QTE that is supposed to take the place of an actual boss fight (like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed).

It is not overdone in Shenmue and is used judiciously enough to where it doesn't get annoying or overbearing. The game has excellent combat gameplay, similar to Virtua Fighter, driving parts, arcade emulation, and free roaming. Am i forgetting anything. They are all used very well in the game.

azure

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 07:00:28 am »
Awesome, backed it! I was little disappointed too of the lack of any other system physical release, at the time the only physical option was PC.

gf78

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 11:29:55 am »
Compared to all of the other gameplay elements the QTEs are not that numerous. Sure, they are there, but no more than they are in most modern action games.

Cool.  Like I said, it's been years since I touched one of them.  I guess maybe the QTE's just stood out in my mind for some reason.  I hope the "journalists" and "gaming press" don't crucify the game for an occasional QTE or two.  It seems to be en vogue to bash games these days for the slightest hint that one will crop up.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 09:50:03 pm »
Does this mean it's also getting a retail release? Or is this the only place you can get it?