Author Topic: Classic Game Fest (biggest retrocon in Texas)  (Read 1452 times)

Classic Game Fest (biggest retrocon in Texas)
« on: July 27, 2015, 12:21:14 am »
I went to Classic Game Fest yesterday. The biggest retro video game convention in Texas. One of the biggest in the whole US. Bought 6 games. There was a cosplay of Satoru Iwata san and he got the most cheers. :) He will be missed. There was about 1000-2000 people and loads of children.  Even people from Houston went. kinda surprising because  it's so far away from Austin. tons of cosplay. Was such a great experience because I've never been to a convention. When I was at the retro game fest yesterday, there was a kid who apparently doesn't know how to take care of cartridges. He kept messing with it and took it out the console and the game froze. I wanted to tell him not to, but I didn't. It worked later, but I will definitely teach my children if I have any how to take care of old technology . Is there anyone that went. Who would go? Just curious. I am sorry I don't have photos.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

aliensstudios

Re: Classic Game Fest (biggest retrocon in Texas)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 12:28:46 am »
Sounds like a lot of fun! I've always wanted to go to a convention like that but never got the chance really. In truth, I've never really been around cosplay, but it seems like fun for those involved; I'd probably never do it though… That's good to hear about Mr. Iwata, he was such a great man, and he very much will be missed. If I ever had kids, I'd make sure they knew how to maintain the gaming equipment in games. It's sad when kids don't know how to do that kind of stuff. They can't help it though. I wish you had some photos too, I'd like to see how it all looked.

I'm glad you had a fun time and thank you very much for sharing!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:47:09 am »
Retropalooza is coming up fast.  Austin isn't too far from DFW.  Come up.  I'll be there.  We'll hang out.

soera

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:53:35 am »
Retropalooza is coming up fast.  Austin isn't too far from DFW.  Come up.  I'll be there.  We'll hang out.

Sounds like a quick drive to OKC to pick me up too!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:14:17 pm »
yeah but but that's like 7 hrs. I actually live in Fredericksburg. like only 90 miles from Austin. I would go though.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 03:23:54 pm »
yeah but but that's like 7 hrs. I actually live in Fredericksburg. like only 90 miles from Austin. I would go though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlz90yGXUlw
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:26:35 pm by stuntman64 »
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー