Author Topic: Zombi (ZombiU) is coming to PS4, Xbone, PC August 18th  (Read 903 times)

Zombi (ZombiU) is coming to PS4, Xbone, PC August 18th
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:43:59 pm »
This is kinda interesting, but Ubi is re-releasing the game on modern systems, I'm assuming to make up for less than stellar sales on the Wii U.  I might actually be interested in this and I own the Wii U version.  I think in concept, the game was a cool idea, but I found myself getting abit annoyed by all of the camera movement using the gamepad.  I'm spinning in my chair examining everything and it gets kinda uncomfortable.  Some ideas were great, such as no pausing, in that you have to be exposed to danger to look at your gamepad and get stuff out of your inventory.  It also wasn't that great looking of a game, even if it was an early Wii U title, it just wasn't very nice looking, so if it turns out to be like a 20 or 30 dollar digital title with better performance and maybe some updated visuals, I might grab it again for PC.

http://www.destructoid.com/zombiu-hits-pc-ps4-and-xbox-one-next-month-296912.phtml

Re: Zombi (ZombiU) is coming to PS4, Xbone, PC August 18th
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:25:39 pm »
Pretty lame they aren't offering a physical copy. If The Old Blood can get a physical copy then so can this.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:37:01 pm »
Is the game any good, i was watching gameplay the other day and wasn't that impressed.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 06:44:40 pm »
Pretty lame they aren't offering a physical copy. If The Old Blood can get a physical copy then so can this.

But that was a really rare thing.  It's very uncommon for games to go digital and then physical later.  Old Blood was one, Shovel Knight is another.  It's possible if enough support is shown for it, it could get The Old Blood treatment, but usually the idea with doing digital releases is to make things as simple as possible, especially for a game that has already been released before.

Is the game any good, i was watching gameplay the other day and wasn't that impressed.

It's alright.  It's actually a pretty solid survival horror game with limited ammo and zombies are a threat, sorta like the older RE games.  Some people liked it more than others, I only played for an hour or two cause I wasn't exactly sold on the gamepad functionality.  Too much movement using the gamepad isn't something I'm interested in.  That said, I liked the inventory feature utilizing the gamepad.  It feels extra intense having to look away from the screen to see your gear.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:46:30 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:00:38 am »

But that was a really rare thing.  It's very uncommon for games to go digital and then physical later.  Old Blood was one, Shovel Knight is another.  It's possible if enough support is shown for it, it could get The Old Blood treatment, but usually the idea with doing digital releases is to make things as simple as possible, especially for a game that has already been released before.

I just meant that The Old Blood is only $20 but still has a retail copy. They'll probably charge at least $30 for Zombi and since ZombiU was a full-scale game they should be treating the re-release the same way by releasing it in stores.

I just don't like buying digital lol.