Author Topic: Resident Evil 2 Remake  (Read 1258 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Resident Evil 2 Remake
« on: July 31, 2015, 03:57:34 pm »
Yes please!

I loved the remake of the first game. One of the best remakes of a video game I've EVER played. (Such cool lighting-effects in it, too.) And RE2 is the single best entry in the series, as far as I'm concerned.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/resident-evil-2-hd-discussion-182500087.html

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 04:00:15 pm »
Were the alternate controls in the RE1 remake any good? I thought about grabbing after hearing that they have different controls to it which would make the original games more enjoyable for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:00:58 pm »
Alternate controls? Maybe in the Wii version. Not the GameCube one.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:08:08 pm »
Alternate controls? Maybe in the Wii version. Not the GameCube one.

Sorry, meant the more recent HD release of the game.  Forgot how many times it's been remade lol It's mostly just a version of the controls that don't get screwed up when you are switching camera angles.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:31:47 pm »
That's just going to completely throw me off if they do that.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 04:40:19 pm »
That's just going to completely throw me off if they do that.

It's only an optional control scheme, they had the original one in there and you could change on the fly.  I really didn't like the original RE games because of those controls.  I thought they were the worst.  I did somehow manage to beat RE3, I don't know how when I didn't beat the others, but it's a big reason why RE4 is my favorite RE game.

azure

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 09:01:09 am »
Were the alternate controls in the RE1 remake any good? I thought about grabbing after hearing that they have different controls to it which would make the original games more enjoyable for me.
I'm a long term Resi fan, love tank controls. The alternate scheme in REmaster REmake is really nice and a good addition if you ask me. Also I had my friend, who hates the older Resi games because of the controls, play REmake and now he's hooked. He's going as far to look for the N64 version of RE2 with the alternate scheme just so he can play it.

gf78

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 09:09:57 am »
I'm all in for a REmake of Resident Evil 2!  Unfortunately, Crapcom seems to think that US fans should only get a lousy digital download.  Sorry, but I'm not spending more than ten bucks for anything that is digital-download only.   >:(

At this point, I fully intend to import an Asian copy of Resident Evil for the PS3 and will probably do the same for Resident Evil 0 when it gets released.  The Asian copies are region free with English audio.

I just don't get Capcom...lets put out DMC which was the least liked Devil May Cry game on disc...then do digital only for all the games people actually loved.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 08:54:38 am »
I am cautiously excited about this potential remake for this simple fact:

2002 Capcom =/= 2015 Capcom

The company is dramatically different than they once were and as we all know not for the better. I could see them screwing the core gameplay up and adding a bunch of stupid crap that wasn't in the original. Now, if they stuck to the same formula hey used to remake the first RE then than would be awesome! I just hope they don't change too much about what made the original RE2 awesome.

I am cautious about FF7 remake for the exact same reason, but with Square.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 11:34:25 am »
Gotta forward this to my buddy. he loves RE
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 11:38:59 am »
I am cautiously excited about this potential remake for this simple fact:

2002 Capcom =/= 2015 Capcom

The company is dramatically different than they once were and as we all know not for the better. I could see them screwing the core gameplay up and adding a bunch of stupid crap that wasn't in the original. Now, if they stuck to the same formula hey used to remake the first RE then than would be awesome! I just hope they don't change too much about what made the original RE2 awesome.

I am cautious about FF7 remake for the exact same reason, but with Square.

I feel you.  If they remake this like Resident Evil on the Gamecube (and now PS3), it will be awesome.  New backgrounds, new character models, a few new areas and some new types of enemies...but keep the core of the game the same. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us