Author Topic: Report Reveals Restrictive and Hostile Working Conditions for Konami Employees  (Read 2251 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

Appropriate.

Sadly, not surprising...just an ever growing pile of faults from Konami.  Did anyone see that they made a new pachinko game that utilizes the Castlevania brand, with the big feature being "Erotic Violence", which means nothing more than showing half-naked women off.  I got nothing against adult content being in a game, but it shows a real lack of care with your game properties when you try to garner interest in your waning property by slapping some T&A into it lol

aliensstudios

That's sad seeing as they are one of the final "classic" game companies still kicking it. Not many companies treat their employees like that, especially nowadays.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kashell

It makes me look at that company in an entirely new light. That is awful.

azure

That's really awful. Not just the working conditions, but the fact that all the beloved classic gaming companies are becoming no more.

kashell

Appropriate.

Also appropriate.

This is equal parts adorable, hilarious and upsetting.

doafan

Need to add some Castlevania's titles to my collection before they became rare and of course expensive, it's a damn shame that another company that was one of my favorites at my childhood is becoming pure crap as cRapc0m but after reading the full article for a second time in my job we are experiencing a similar situation with the time cards arrivals and lunch breaks, were we can't be late in our arrivals but we can work even two hours without payment at the end of the day so kinda understand how it feels.

Quote from: GiantBomb
This is further emphasized by a policy that requires workers to clock in and out with timecards during lunch breaks. Workers who run late are publicly named and insulted.

This is pure shit, don't know what kind of contract they signed but they don't have any right to reassign somebody just because somebody liked a comment, shit they don't even have any reason to do this, maybe if they do it on labor hours Konami might have a valid point but still is wrong in so many levels.

Quote from: GiantBomb
One such case even had aftershocks that affected those only indirectly involved in the reassignment. When a former Konami developer who was moved to a pachislot factory finally found employment with another company, he did what a lot of us would: He posted the joyful news to Facebook. Some of his former development team colleagues, who were sympathetic to his situation, liked that post... and soon after found themselves re-assigned too. This sort of monitoring of private communication must be terrible for both morale and team cohesion. Not only can you not you speak freely at work, you can't even be sure if the things you say on your off time are being scrutinized.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

krelyan

PRO Supporter

This is some really abhorrent behavior from any large company, well beyond the usual "it's just the usual stodgy Japanese work environment."  Assuming these practices are nothing new, I'm really amazed that there was such a long string of creative hits being generated from (in spite of?) this environment.

Also, kudos to the writer of that article as it's really well written.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:29:13 pm by krelyan »

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

spac316

It's a damn shame. First they disregard the fans now they treat their employees like slaves.
I seriously do hope they implode and collapse within themselves. They should sell off all their IPs to people who actually give a fuck.