Author Topic: Dark Souls III  (Read 3035 times)

turom

PRO Supporter

Dark Souls III
« on: August 04, 2015, 12:38:20 pm »
An amazing trailer for the third installment of the series has just been released:

As a huge Souls fan I'm exctatic.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

argyle

Re: Dark Souls III
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:33 am »
It looks like they've sped up the combat some so that it's more along the lines of Bloodborne. Bloodborne was the game in the series that finally clicked with me (I know it's not really a DS game, but it's close enough) so for once I'm really looking forward to the release of a DS. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 05:16:17 am »
IGN showcased some actual gameplay of the game during Gamescom:

I'm loving the Demon's Souls feeling in the combat pace and the environments. VaatiVidya made an analysis of his experience playing it during the event as well, the secondary weapon mechanic sounds really cool:

deftommo

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:16:47 am »
This may be the reason I get a PS4.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 10:53:33 am »
Dark Souls III release date set to April 12, 2016 and new trailer:

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 01:40:07 pm »
They'll be having demos available at Playstation Experience this weekend - I'm hoping we can make it through the line for the bf to try it out in person!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 04:15:54 pm »
They'll be having demos available at Playstation Experience this weekend - I'm hoping we can make it through the line for the bf to try it out in person!

I will be demanding impressions. That game looks magnificent.

argyle

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 06:59:25 am »
I hate that this & Odin Sphere Leifthrasir now have the same release date. Will probably mean I end up waiting on DS3.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »
It's not going to effect my purchasing, but I wish this game had the content of an M rated game instead of a T rated game. I know it might sound childish to want more blood and such, but it doesn't feel as impactful when a game as "dark" as Dark Souls has less grit.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 06:53:53 pm »
Hmm, were the previous games M?  I remember going back to Dark Souls after playing Bloodborne and the violence felt oddly sterile after Bloodborne's (almost) absurd amount of blood splatter.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 02:17:11 am »
You really shouldn't be concerned about this rating thing. In EU PEGI rated Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I, II, III and Bloodborne the same rating of 16.

ESRB rated Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I and Bloodborne M while Dark Souls II and III are rated T, though if you read the descriptions it doesn't make much sense since the contents are really similar.

If you watch the Dark Souls III gameplay you'll see they're using some blood effects from Bloodborne and the game's still T rated so I wouldn't pay much attention to this, it's a Souls game like the others.

kashell

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 09:18:39 am »
Hmm, were the previous games M?  I remember going back to Dark Souls after playing Bloodborne and the violence felt oddly sterile after Bloodborne's (almost) absurd amount of blood splatter.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls had an M rating. Dark Souls II had a T. I haven't tried Bloodborne yet, but even its name leads me to believe that it will have plenty of bloodshed.

You really shouldn't be concerned about this rating thing. In EU PEGI rated Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I, II, III and Bloodborne the same rating of 16.

ESRB rated Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I and Bloodborne M while Dark Souls II and III are rated T, though if you read the descriptions it doesn't make much sense since the contents are really similar.

If you watch the Dark Souls III gameplay you'll see they're using some blood effects from Bloodborne and the game's still T rated so I wouldn't pay much attention to this, it's a Souls game like the others.

Oh, I'm not concerned; I'll still be picking the game up. I was just confused by the choices made to warrant the ratings.

gf78

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 09:26:44 am »
I hate that this & Odin Sphere Leifthrasir now have the same release date. Will probably mean I end up waiting on DS3.  :-\

Arghh!  I know, right?  I have both Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Storybook Edition and Dark Souls III Collector's Edition preordered.  It's going to be one expensive month!   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 09:29:04 am »

Arghh!  I know, right?  I have both Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Storybook Edition and Dark Souls III Collector's Edition preordered.  It's going to be one expensive month!   :'(

I'm going back and forth on the CE for Dark Souls III. I mean, that statue is stunning but 130 dollars is a bit steep. @_@

Odin Sphere's getting the regular treatment; I'm going into that game with cautious optimism.

gf78

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 10:48:42 am »

I'm going back and forth on the CE for Dark Souls III. I mean, that statue is stunning but 130 dollars is a bit steep. @_@

Odin Sphere's getting the regular treatment; I'm going into that game with cautious optimism.

I'm a sucker for statues, steelbooks and art books!

As for Odin Sphere, I think the storybook edition is only $20 more than the regular.  It has a ton of awesome stuff packed in for the price.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us