Author Topic: where do you buy import games?  (Read 2534 times)

stealthrush

where do you buy import games?
« on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:13 am »
Assuming you collect imported games, where do you usually shop for imported games?

kam1kaz3nl77

PRO Supporter

Re: where do you buy import games?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 06:03:03 am »
Assuming you collect imported games, where do you usually shop for imported games?

If not by ebay-sellers, i usually buy my ds-games (which hold most of my imports besides snes games), i shop at local retailers nedgame or game-mania (the netherlands)

Upcoming Pre-orders:

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 07:46:22 am »
Some dark guy from an alleyway who wears a trench coat like the merchant from resident evil 4.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 08:27:21 am »
I found every single import game I own on eBay, it's not like I was gonna find anything worth around here where I live.. The only shop in the big city nearby that was in niche gaming and import games closed 10 years ago, and everything else in flea markets or in game shops is PAL.
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

thewelshman

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 09:17:02 am »
I live in Northeast Texas, so we have dick for import games apart from the rare instance that a Gamestop has one someone traded in. Usually they're twice as much for some stupid reason. I usually use Play-Asia, or eBay. There's another site I can't remember the name of. I've yet to buy from them, but normally just peruse the "pretty pictures."

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 09:41:24 am »
Mostly Ebay

abe

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 09:55:18 am »
Mostly eBay, with a lot of the stuff I buy coming from user Yamtoku-Classic. I also use AmiAmi, which I prefer for preordering upcoming Japanese games. I like to use Play-Asia during its big sales for buying Japanese or Asian region games that have been out for a while. On occasion Amazon can be useful as well, particularly for importing European region games.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 11:08:20 am »
eBay usually. In the past though I have used Play-Asia, YesAsia and VideoGamesPlus.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 11:39:42 am »
Here are the big four I go with on ebay:
  • hit-japan
    Biggest selection but generally way overpriced. He sometimes takes best offers that are in the ballpark.
  • yamatoku-classic
    Easy to get great deals on poorly labelled Famicom auction lots.
  • susi-sumo-jpn
    Not much to say. Just kinda average.
  • japanyouwant
    Small selection but the prices are very reasonable compared to most sellers.

Simular thread: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5957.0.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 12:30:10 pm by badATchaos »

gf78

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 12:14:29 pm »
I get pretty much all of my imports from eBay.  No particular seller though.  I just check their feedback rating and remarks left from past customers.  Most of the sellers from Japan take lots of detailed, up-close pictures of their item(s).  If it's a generic pic and not of the actual item, I won't touch it.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 02:03:07 pm »
I don't buy a lot of imports, but the ones I do own all came from ebay.  The two main sellers I have bought from are Hit-Japan and Yamatoku-Classic
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

maximo310

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 02:29:07 pm »
I use Ebay, Amazon, Solaris Japan, and AmiAmi.

yancakes

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 05:07:53 pm »
The few times I've ever done it I literally just got people I knew in foreign countries to buy and ship me the games, lol. Being friends with globe trotters has its advantages.