Author Topic: wtf? Did anyone realise devil third just got released??  (Read 2390 times)

dreama1

wtf? Did anyone realise devil third just got released??
« on: August 28, 2015, 08:03:33 am »

gf78

Re: wtf? Did anyone realise devil third just got released??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 09:27:32 am »

It did?  When?  As in a actual physical release in the stores???
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 09:28:56 am »

It's out today.

gf78

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 09:42:04 am »

It's out today.

Wow...an honest to goodness 3rd party exclusive for the Wii U...out in the wild!  And....Nintendo didn't advertise it at all.  Shocker.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

dreama1

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 09:49:47 am »

It's out today.

Wow...an honest to goodness 3rd party exclusive for the Wii U...out in the wild!  And....Nintendo didn't advertise it at all.  Shocker.   ::)
conkers bad fur day treatment.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 10:31:34 am »
It is... in Europe, US is not till December 11. Honestly it doesn't seem to be doing well with the reviews so far.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 10:57:52 am »
It is... in Europe, US is not till December 11. Honestly it doesn't seem to be doing well with the reviews so far.

Which is not surprising in the least to me. Then again, I think Itagaki has always been more concerned about his image and getting (read: sexually harassing) women than making good video games. I'm just pissed that this POS gets a physical release but not Fatal Frame.  >:(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 11:20:33 am »

Which is not surprising in the least to me. Then again, I think Itagaki has always been more concerned about his image and getting (read: sexually harassing) women than making good video games. I'm just pissed that this POS gets a physical release but not Fatal Frame.  >:(

I just looked up some review scores and I think it is official:  Devil's Third is a steaming turd.  Looks like my lone guaranteed Wii U purchase this year will be Xenoblade Chronicles X. 

argyle

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 11:46:35 am »

I just looked up some review scores and I think it is official:  Devil's Third is a steaming turd.  Looks like my lone guaranteed Wii U purchase this year will be Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Yep, same here. I was considering Yoshi, but there's just too much other stuff I want more coming out this Fall.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 11:54:44 am »
Yep, same here. I was considering Yoshi, but there's just too much other stuff I want more coming out this Fall.

I would like to get Mario Maker but I don't know if I'll have the spare cash to do so right away.  Might have to wait till around Christmas and ask for it or use some holiday money for it.  It looks like a cross between Mario and LittleBigPlanet where you can play millions of user-created levels online.  That could be really, really fun.

indenton

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 11:40:32 pm »
Despite what I'm hearing about the game's critical reception, I commend them for announcing and releasing the game on Wii U with the state  of affairs.  It seemed like that kind of game that wanted to be a unique blend, yet every other aspect of the game still comes of as generic and bland. 

To be fair, Nintendo UK Store has been promoting the game.  If you consider an exclusive T-shirt a promotion, then go on ahead.  'Rodea - the Sky Soldier' seems significantly more welcome on the site than the likes of 'Devil's Third'. 

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 06:24:33 pm »
Here's the funny thing: The multiplayer portion of the game (which is apparently okay) is hitting PCs. The story's staying on the Wii U.

http://www.pcgamer.com/devils-third-online-coming-to-pc/

dreama1

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 01:58:28 pm »
Here's the funny thing: The multiplayer portion of the game (which is apparently okay) is hitting PCs. The story's staying on the Wii U.

http://www.pcgamer.com/devils-third-online-coming-to-pc/
No cross play to console apparently. The kiss of death.

gf78

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 09:39:41 am »
Despite what I'm hearing about the game's critical reception, I commend them for announcing and releasing the game on Wii U with the state  of affairs.  It seemed like that kind of game that wanted to be a unique blend, yet every other aspect of the game still comes of as generic and bland. 

To be fair, Nintendo UK Store has been promoting the game.  If you consider an exclusive T-shirt a promotion, then go on ahead.  'Rodea - the Sky Soldier' seems significantly more welcome on the site than the likes of 'Devil's Third'.

What is funny to me is that back right before the original Xbox was released, Itagaki ran his pie-hole about how only the Xbox was powerful enough for his vision.  About how great his games were and the competition-specifically Tekken-were garbage.  The result was a decision that kept Dead or Alive 3 & 4 and Ninja Gaiden off competing systems for an entire generation.

All that talk about only developing the best software on the best hardware...and now he puts out a crap game on the weakest hardware of the current generation.  My oh my Itagaki...how the mighty have fallen.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:44:48 am by gf78 »

haloofthesun

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 08:20:19 pm »
I don't know, it's been getting a positive response from people who have actually played the game. I know a few people who own the game, whose opinion I trust, who have said that it's certainly far from great, but it's not anywhere close to being as bad as reviews are making it out to be. It's definitely not up to the level Itagaki hyped it to be, though.

It's gotten tremendously positive reviews in Japan, for whatever that's worth.