Author Topic: Resident Evil Origins Collection announced for PS4 & Xbone  (Read 2186 times)

abe

Resident Evil Origins Collection announced for PS4 & Xbone
« on: September 01, 2015, 10:36:00 am »
Capcom has announced that they will be releasing the Resident Evil Origins Collection in North America on January 19th (22nd for Europe) of 2016 for the PS4 and Xbone, which will include the HD ports/remakes of both Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 on a retail disc! ;D You can already buy Resident Evil's HD port digitally, and the digital version Resident Evil 0's HD port will release for the same consoles around the same time as the physical product (though I'm sure most of us here only care about the physical copy ;)).

Resident Evil 0 is set to include a new "Wesker Mode" where you can play as Albert Wesker instead if you so desire.

The physical collection will cost $39.99 at launch.

Here's the trailer
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

Re: Resident Evil Origins Collection announced for PS4 & Xbone
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:53:53 am »
Capcom has announced that they will be releasing the Resident Evil Origins Collection in North America on January 19th (22nd for Europe) of 2016 for the PS4 and Xbone, which will include the HD ports/remakes of both Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 on a retail disc! ;D You can already buy Resident Evil's HD port digitally, and the digital version Resident Evil 0's HD port will release for the same consoles around the same time as the physical product (though I'm sure most of us here only care about the physical copy ;)).

Resident Evil 0 is set to include a new "Wesker Mode" where you can play as Albert Wesker instead if you so desire.

The physical collection will cost $39.99 at launch.

Here's the trailer

F*CK YES!!!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:02:51 pm »
Because we needed yet another release of Resident Evil. What is this, like 6th version now?

It's cool that RE: 0 got an HD release, I guess, though. But that really was the weakest of the original-style games.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 03:31:49 pm »
Time to sell my GameCube copies.  :D

argyle

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 03:41:37 pm »
Because we needed yet another release of Resident Evil. What is this, like 6th version now?

It's cool that RE: 0 got an HD release, I guess, though. But that really was the weakest of the original-style games.

Well there was the GC remake which was then ported to several platforms (Wii, PS3 & I think 360). But this is the most recent remake where they made several more significant additions, the most notable to me being the option not to use "tank controls". So if you already bought this digitally earlier in the year, don't care about having physical copies of your games & have no interest in RE0 (or would just as soon buy that digitally as well) then this is a non-announcement to you. This is not a new port, this is just the most recent port/remake being released on physical media.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 03:50:08 pm »

Well there was the GC remake which was then ported to several platforms (Wii, PS3 & I think 360). But this is the most recent remake where they made several more significant additions, the most notable to me being the option not to use "tank controls". So if you already bought this digitally earlier in the year, don't care about having physical copies of your games & have no interest in RE0 (or would just as soon buy that digitally as well) then this is a non-announcement to you. This is not a new port, this is just the most recent port/remake being released on physical media.

-Resident Evil
-Resident Evil: Director's Cut
-Resident Evil Remake
-Resident Evil Remake HD
-Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

Plus ports of all those versions.
And now this.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 05:07:35 pm »
Hey, if you wanna feel outraged about it I don't care - was just trying to explain what this was. :P
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 06:12:13 pm »
Outrage is a bit strong. Just seems lazy. Re-release RE yet again. Why not make a new RE, or make an HD port of another entry in the series that hasn't already received multiple versions?

argyle

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 06:22:26 pm »
Outrage is a bit strong. Just seems lazy. Re-release RE yet again. Why not make a new RE, or make an HD port of another entry in the series that hasn't already received multiple versions?

Well...because they are. :) Zero has been ported a few times but just basically a straight port, this is the first HD remake of it. And of course they recently announced that they are doing a major remake of RE2.

As for a new RE, there's no doubt they're working on that too. It was said after 6 that the next entry was going to be substantially different, a return to survival horror for the series. So I imagine they're taking their time with it. 

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 08:52:16 pm »
Also Revelations 2 was released earlier this Year. so it's not like all it is is Just re-releases I'm just actually glad both are being released Physically. Your turn Nintendo.

gf78

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 08:45:03 am »

Capcom is known for lazy ports and re-releases.  However, I feel a bit differently about this one.  A new generation is coming along now that never experienced these games on the Gamecube, DS or original PlayStation.  I get that it was released digitally on the PS3, but for fans of the games who want to play the HD version and have it on disc, this is a wish come true.

As for releasing a new game or other HD remake, Zero is included on this disc and I believe hasn't been released on anything except the Gamecube before.  So a whole group of people will get to play this game for the first time, and they have added Wesker as a playable character for the game.  Resident Evil 2 is in the works with a full HD makeover and an entirely new entry in the series is in the works.  Likewise, Revelations 2 just came out last year.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 09:51:26 am »
It may be lazy for them, but I think I might give it a go.  I haven't played a RE game since I tried to play the first one on Playstation.  As much as everyone loves it, I might have to give this a go.

abe

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 11:19:21 am »
As for releasing a new game or other HD remake, Zero is included on this disc and I believe hasn't been released on anything except the Gamecube before.  So a whole group of people will get to play this game for the first time, and they have added Wesker as a playable character for the game.  Resident Evil 2 is in the works with a full HD makeover and an entirely new entry in the series is in the works.  Likewise, Revelations 2 just came out last year.

Actually, RE Zero did get a Wii re-release, but the Wesker stuff is indeed new to this latest port.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

gf78

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 11:52:00 am »
It may be lazy for them, but I think I might give it a go.  I haven't played a RE game since I tried to play the first one on Playstation.  As much as everyone loves it, I might have to give this a go.

Everyone has different tastes in games, but man...I feel like you've been missing out for the past 20 years!  Resident Evil was one of the games that defined the 32/64-bit generation and legitimized gaming as something more than a toy.  I still remember jumping like a little girl when those damn Dobermans jumped through the window behind me!   :'( 

gf78

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 11:53:27 am »
Actually, RE Zero did get a Wii re-release, but the Wesker stuff is indeed new to this latest port.

Oh yeah...the Resident Evil Archives re-release.  Totally forgot about that one.  Even then, Resident Evil has always been on PlayStation systems primarily so there is a large audience who never played Zero.