Author Topic: Official Super Mario Maker Thread  (Read 18286 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Official Super Mario Maker Thread
« on: September 10, 2015, 02:52:38 pm »
With Super Mario Maker releasing Friday, I figured this be good to share our levels and so on.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Re: Official Super Mario Maker Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 03:49:10 pm »
Amazon has emailed me to say mine wont arrive until Monday :(

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 06:22:49 pm »
Amazon has emailed me to say mine wont arrive until Monday :(
Sucks, i am gonna go to target right when they open and buy a copy there

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 06:43:22 pm »
It's awesome to hear they are patching out that stupid 9 day wait to get all the items.  I'm guessing they got enough negative feedback on that to change things.  Wish that would happen with their Youtube policies, but Nintendo can't get everything right I guess lol

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 06:47:58 pm »
I can't wait to play and try out everyone's levels. What type of style will you be building in? I'll probably try them all but my favorite is going to be Super Mario World.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:24:23 pm »
I'm holding off on getting the game right now, but likely Super Mario World also.

Warmsignal

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 11:43:25 pm »
I'm a big Mario fan, but truth be told I'm not even considering this. I don't like making games. I just like playing them.   :-\

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 01:02:56 am »
Going to best buy to pick up my copy in the morning a long with an Olimar amiibo if i can. >.< yay!!

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 01:16:01 am »
I'm a big Mario fan, but truth be told I'm not even considering this. I don't like making games. I just like playing them.   :-\

Well you'll have thousands of Mario levels to play.  The "Maker" part is the hook for many, but you can get it and never make anything, just play all the cool stuff others make.

haloofthesun

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 01:41:31 am »
It's awesome to hear they are patching out that stupid 9 day wait to get all the items.  I'm guessing they got enough negative feedback on that to change things.  Wish that would happen with their Youtube policies, but Nintendo can't get everything right I guess lol

From what everyone who has it so far is saying, the US version still has the 9 day wait. So if that's where you live, then you're still stuck with it or time travelling. I guess Nintendo thinks Americans need more time to understand the tools.

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 01:49:38 am »

From what everyone who has it so far is saying, the US version still has the 9 day wait. So if that's where you live, then you're still stuck with it or time travelling. I guess Nintendo thinks Americans need more time to understand the tools.

Seriously? It's not a worldwide patch? I didn't catch that at all.  I thought the wait was a ridiculously bad idea.  Curbs creativity.  I understand the idea, they did it with Splatoon, but for that, it keeps the game fresh, drip feeding new content after the initial bigger push.  With Super Mario Maker, I want all the options available right away to create the best level I can.  I'll learn the items as I go.  I don't think building in this is gonna be all that hard.

haloofthesun

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 01:57:16 am »
NA got the patch but the update to unlocking isn't included for some dumb reason. I'm watching a livestream and nothing unlocks unless they timetravel.

EDIT: Some people in the US are saying it does in fact work. Lots of conflicting reports here. Perhaps the patch is bugged somehow?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:04:47 am by haloofthesun »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 09:18:06 am »
I hope its patched, we will see when i pick up mine in a few hours.

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 09:23:16 am »

The great thing about Mario Maker is that you don't have to make anything at all to enjoy it.  The community uploads their levels and you can just play them!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 09:32:45 am »

The great thing about Mario Maker is that you don't have to make anything at all to enjoy it.  The community uploads their levels and you can just play them!

Very true, and the gamepad helps, it makes making levels much easier then using a controller.

Target opens at 8am, currently, 6:32am..... waiting... thank god schools in, no kids to deal with.

1049-2600-8730