Author Topic: The future of Star Wars games  (Read 1292 times)

thekosmickollector

The future of Star Wars games
« on: October 05, 2015, 04:27:27 pm »
With Battlefront coming out, I think we should talk about what the Star Wars game series has to offer in future.
There's the "Uncharted-like" Star Wars game being made by Visceral and a couple mobile games, but what else?
So, what's next? Do you think there'll be a straight tie-in for The Force Awakens like the older movies or will it just be spin-offs for the new trilogy? What might those spin-offs be?

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: The future of Star Wars games
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:45:06 pm »
I'd bet money there will be a tie-in for the movie.  Gotta grab that cash!

What's this "Uncharted-like" game you speak of? 

thekosmickollector

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 05:47:14 pm »
Star Wars and video games go together like peanut butter and jelly. They'll be around for a very long time and the movie tie-ins will be big since there's basically a new movie a year for the next 5 or 6 years.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 10:41:23 am »
I think they should make a game that covers all six of the previous films in it; where you play through the important scenes of each movie, sort of like LEGO Star Wars I and II but with realistic graphics.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 11:14:59 am »
While we're in the time of remasters and the like, can someone please redo Shadows of the Empire?  The story of that game is great.  Lets just re-up on the game.

gf78

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 02:58:17 pm »
I am utterly disappointed that Battlefront has no single player campaign and thus, I will not be purchasing it.  Well, I should add that you have to pay $70 to get the edition without the bits cut out, much like Inquisition.  Gotta love EA.   ::)

As much as I love Star Wars, I don't see myself picking many games up.  Most of the past Star Wars games have been crap.  The Uncharted-style game sounds like it may be promising, but movie-tie-ins and everything else?  Bleh.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

devancowan

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 10:17:53 pm »
I am utterly disappointed that Battlefront has no single player campaign and thus, I will not be purchasing it.  Well, I should add that you have to pay $70 to get the edition without the bits cut out, much like Inquisition.  Gotta love EA.   ::)

As much as I love Star Wars, I don't see myself picking many games up.  Most of the past Star Wars games have been crap.  The Uncharted-style game sounds like it may be promising, but movie-tie-ins and everything else?  Bleh.

I feel the same way. I got suckered into the hype of Destiny and hated it even though it did have a "campaign" if you can even call it that. I played the Star Wars BF bata a little bit on the Ps4 and I didn't think it was anything special.