Author Topic: Twilight Princess Getting Remastered - Do You Think GC Games Need Remastering?  (Read 1871 times)

gf78

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

I'd say wait for NX, then they might be old enough.

I think it's great if the remaster is about putting it on an HD system.  I remember really liking Twilight Princess, even when playing it on the Wii at the time since it was a launch game, so it would be cool to go back to it with it tweaked and in HD quality.

abe

Sure, why not? As long as making remasters doesn't take away from Nintendo making more new games (new sidescrolling Metroid please), I don't mind remasters. I'd like to see a Super Mario Sunshine HD remaster.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

why not? it's nearly 9 years-old textures can use an upgrade. not to mention Nintendo made that engine to easily port Gamecube games and all we've seen is Wind Waker use it. plus it should be theoretically an easy cheaper way to fill the time between the Big releases especially since almost all the Wii U games coming out right now are only from Nintendo.

aliensstudios

I figured it'd just be a rerelease of the Wii version.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

dreama1

If i'm honest it's probably more desperation than anything else.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:24:20 pm by dreama1 »

gf78

I'd say wait for NX, then they might be old enough.

If the rumors about the NX not including a media drive are true, not all the ports or HD remasters in the world will make a difference.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

I dont think this game needs yet another remake/remaster. Its just a lazy way to try to gain more money. There is already a Wii version of this game playable on the Wii U right now.

doafan

Come on what we need is a remake of Links Awakening, why ?, because this games is so badass anyway we already have to versions of the Twilight, damn am just planing to get my copy of this one for the Wii and they are already planning another copy of this, geez  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Gamecube/PS2/Xbox remasters make much more sense than all these remasters of already HD games, IMO.

gf78

Gamecube/PS2/Xbox remasters make much more sense than all these remasters of already HD games, IMO.

Agreed.  I don't have a problem with remasters in general.  The older games of the pre-HD era benefit greatly from the 1080p facelift, especially if you have ever tried playing an old console game on a newer HDTV....they look awful.   :o

Everyone has their own viewpoint on the matter.  In many instances, is it the developer cashing in on a cheap port?  Yeah, sure is.  But there are many games that I passed on in the past that I have picked up with their remastered version like the Metro Redux Collection.  Similarly, there are games such as the Uncharted trilogy or The Last of Us that gamers who never owned a PS3 heard about but never got to experience. 

Nobody is forcing you to buy a "remaster" of a game you already own.  Sorry for the tangent, I'm done.   :P

I don't see a problem with more Zelda Remasters, i am actually quite for them...I do think that Skyward sword warrents one more than Twilight princess because the Wii graphics sucked so badly (it was still a great game though). If they rumor is true i'll pre-order it in a heartbeat. :)

Veilor

PRO Supporter

if it gets more people to play Zelda, why not? I've already beaten the game and have no reason to get it again. :)