Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront: Free Jakku DLC Coming 12/01, More FREE DLC to Follow!  (Read 693 times)

gf78

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/24/9794868/ea-preps-for-next-week-s-first-star-wars-battlefron-dlc-teases-more

Battlefront is a game that has a lot of people divided.  Some feel it's light on content, others think it's ok.  I think everyone pretty much thinks the season pass price is outrageous.  But no matter what side of the fence you sit on, the free Jakku DLC arrives on 12/01 for those who preordered and 12/08 for everyone else.  It is apparently two maps taking place 29 years before the events of The Force Awakens.  It also adds a new gameplay mode called Turning Point where 40 players will take part in a battle against the Empire. 

Even sweeter, EA has gone on record stating they will add more free maps and star cards as time goes by.  Personally, I think that the shipped game with the Jakku DLC is a fair amount of content with it's various maps & modes, but adding more maps as we move along for free will help entice fence-sitters to pick the game up.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

I'm glad they took up the idea after Battlefield 4 to add new content for free.  I still think the game has very little content, but once they get more free stuff in there, it might be a cool game.  I liked playing it with the beta, I just can't get behind its price tag right now, so maybe in 6 months it'll be a proper game lol

Garden Warfare is the only shooter I need from EA, the sequel could be my GOTY next year.

gf78

Garden Warfare is the only shooter I need from EA, the sequel could be my GOTY next year.

I'm not a fan of EA whatsoever with their $hitty business practices.  I picked up Battlefront for my Star Wars fix.  That being said, I'm with you on PvZ Garden Warfare.  My youngest daughter and I love playing that game!  Can't wait for the sequel.  Although, EA sold the original for $40 new with free add-on content.  They've already decided to milk this train.  Garden Warfare 2 is $60 with a "deluxe" edition for $70.  And I'm sure there will be paid DLC for it.   ::)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us