Author Topic: Suggestion: Comment field for approver upon editing an item  (Read 705 times)

Suggestion: Comment field for approver upon editing an item
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:59:05 am »
Currently it seems that the approver only see the original and suggested changed value when someone is submitting an edit on an item. Wouldn't it be good idea to add an (optional) field where the person suggesting the change can fill a field for the approver to read before accepting/rejecting the change? That could be for example a source for picture, a reason for the name change, or anything else the editor  could want to try to inform approver for. That kinds of fields are already implemented on most other online databases (for example MobyGames), as well as Wikipedia (in case of Wikipedia it's a public field, but I see no big reason for it to be public - it could be but don't have to - once an edit is approved it doesn't even have to be kept actually).

I just hope the idea wasn't suggested before, as I couldn't imagine what keyword to use when searching; if it is, then sorry about it  :-\

Re: Suggestion: Comment field for approver upon editing an item
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 11:35:48 am »
This would be fantastic, especially for second submittals.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 12:56:57 pm »
I use the Description box, or Box Text box to message a mod. It only depends on which one is empty.

telly

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »
I use the Description box, or Box Text box to message a mod. It only depends on which one is empty.

That's a really good idea! I should start doing that, if the mods are ok with it.  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 04:19:31 pm »
Some users also use the Alt-name field to explain edits they are making.   We are definitely ok with it and works fine as a temporary solution until an actual comment field is implemented.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)