Author Topic: Rides with strangers - Kickstarter  (Read 2396 times)

soera

Rides with strangers - Kickstarter
« on: February 10, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/614079836/rides-with-strangers?ref=nav_search

24 hours left and less than $1000 to hit PS4/Xbox1.

Game description : Rides with Strangers delivers a truly unique video game experience that puts you in a terrifying and desperate position. Relying on the elements of classic horror films and games before it, Rides with Strangers forces you from your comfort zone and into a terrifying atmosphere that exists within the outside world. Just as in real life every car could be your chance to reach your destination, but the horror that exists inside will not come from creatures from another world, or from the imagination. They will come from within the very human people you will encounter.

Every Stranger who will welcome you into their car tonight has been meticulously constructed, from their design to their dialogue, to represent the link that exists outside of polite society. Will you be prepared to face them knowing that these horrors could very well exist within your real waking world? Will you be able to put down this game and return to your regular life, watching strangers pass, knowing this could happen to you? Whoever you end up sharing the ride with, remember to keep a careful, watchful eye. Remember, despite the small talk, that they are not your savior but a wolf in sheep’s skin.

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Rides with strangers - Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:27:05 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/614079836/rides-with-strangers?ref=nav_search

Game description : Rides with Strangers delivers a truly unique video game experience that puts you in a terrifying and desperate position. Relying on the elements of classic horror films and games before it, Rides with Strangers forces you from your comfort zone and into a terrifying atmosphere that exists within the outside world. Just as in real life every car could be your chance to reach your destination, but the horror that exists inside will not come from creatures from another world, or from the imagination. They will come from within the very human people you will encounter.

Every Stranger who will welcome you into their car tonight has been meticulously constructed, from their design to their dialogue, to represent the link that exists outside of polite society. Will you be prepared to face them knowing that these horrors could very well exist within your real waking world? Will you be able to put down this game and return to your regular life, watching strangers pass, knowing this could happen to you? Whoever you end up sharing the ride with, remember to keep a careful, watchful eye. Remember, despite the small talk, that they are not your savior but a wolf in sheep’s skin.

I like the idea.  I just don't think it's going to be worth $75.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:50:40 pm »
If I had heard about this a day or two ago, I'd be able to take the time to watch the video and figure it out, but I'll try to make time tomorrow to check it out, sounds like it could be an interesting premise.

I'm hyped about the Surveillance game that just went up on Kickstarter.

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:53:46 am »

I like the idea.  I just don't think it's going to be worth $75.

Yeah I think that Was a very stupid move. I am beyond glad that they took the initiative to make a physical edition for the game but at $75 for a game like this I will have to pass, even though it looks like it will be extremely limited with only 46 people pledging high enough to even get this perk. by the sounds of it a $40 tier would have been more the way to go for a physical not at $75. but I am still glad this got the funding.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 06:54:43 pm »
Well, it reached PS4/Xbox 90 minutes before end of campaign. I backed the $75 one. Which means it will probably be one of the most obscure physical PS4 titles in existence! :)

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 08:28:05 pm »
Well, it reached PS4/Xbox 90 minutes before end of campaign. I backed the $75 one. Which means it will probably be one of the most obscure physical PS4 titles in existence! :)
I would find it hard to believe that they would make only physical copies for the kickstarter backers, I'm certain they will get a publishing deal somewhere for the physical copies.  A total of 50 people backed in a manner that they will receive a physical copy, and if you segregate that, that's less than 20 physical copies per platform.  That could be really really low numbers if it's a one and done run, but I really doubt they'd spend the money to print that few physical copies and not go bigger.

But yeah, probably Limited Run Games low numbers.

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 01:14:38 pm »
I would find it hard to believe that they would make only physical copies for the kickstarter backers, I'm certain they will get a publishing deal somewhere for the physical copies.  A total of 50 people backed in a manner that they will receive a physical copy, and if you segregate that, that's less than 20 physical copies per platform.  That could be really really low numbers if it's a one and done run, but I really doubt they'd spend the money to print that few physical copies and not go bigger.

But yeah, probably Limited Run Games low numbers.

here is what i believe.
sure this was more of an obscure game so it only having 1000 backers is sort of what was expected, even by their goals. but with only 50 people getting physical copies of the game that was originally meant for pc by the looks of it, all physical copies are going to be pc. plus with only 1000 backers it does not have the recognition required to even make a small run of physical beyond those 50. That is unless this game becomes a hit and is spread around then maybe.

I understand why the minimum for physical is $75 not because the devs thought the value was their but because they needed to eat up the costs of making such a small run.

Congratulations seora you now have probably one of the most limited physical games in existence, even if it is pc only.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 01:31:51 pm »
Before I made my pledge, I asked the creator that specifically if I backed a physical copy and it makes the 32k goal, can my physical copy be PS4 and he responded with yes.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 01:40:04 pm »
Before I made my pledge, I asked the creator that specifically if I backed a physical copy and it makes the 32k goal, can my physical copy be PS4 and he responded with yes.

holy crap I just read through it all again and they are doing physical ps4??? can I still back it?

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 02:46:00 pm »

holy crap I just read through it all again and they are doing physical ps4??? can I still back it?

Nope, I believe the campaign is closed now...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 06:36:43 pm »
If they do slacker backer, which most do, you can.

soera

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 01:24:17 am »
They were taking votes on whether to do a slacker backer. Only the backers could vote but as far as I know, it was 100% for yes.

But I have to mention that the amount of physical releases is limited. The $75 version for example was 26 of 30 already claimed.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 08:05:22 am »
They were taking votes on whether to do a slacker backer. Only the backers could vote but as far as I know, it was 100% for yes.

But I have to mention that the amount of physical releases is limited. The $75 version for example was 26 of 30 already claimed.
i could be mistaken, but when I looked at the pledges before it ended, I dont recall that being limited... plus they had paypal backing available, and still do, where you could pledge for the physical