Author Topic: Saturday Morning RPG Soundtrack bundle  (Read 1772 times)

desocietas

Saturday Morning RPG Soundtrack bundle
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:00:02 pm »
I just got my shipment today of the game, so hopefully everyone will be getting theirs soon if not already if they were able to get a copy.

I was wondering what you all thought about the item listing for the soundtrack bundle (http://vgcollect.com/item/96659).  The game was sold as a standalone copy but a limited run of "soundtrack bundles" were also available. I'm feeling kinda iffy about it because the soundtrack is not physically bundled with the game but instead loose (they said that this would be the case in their Twitter posts).

Should we just have a separate swag item record for the soundtrack?  The soundtrack can be marked to say that it was only sold in limited bundles with either the Vita or PS4 version of the game...

I'm just thinking of games that may have been shipped with a preorder artbook that was not bundled physically to the game, so those items were created as separate records (this also allows people to add them to their collections should they manage to get a copy without the game).  Here's an example of an artbook that was not physically bundled with the game at purchase but was given out: http://vgcollect.com/item/24117

Just thought I'd see what you all thought :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

Re: Saturday Morning RPG Soundtrack bundle
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 03:10:48 pm »
I would have to say yes, split them up into different items. its one thing if the disc came in the case or their was something to signify that it was a ps4 copy or a vita copy of the sound track (I know they are the same thing). but as you stated they are separate entities.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 03:24:53 pm »
I dont know on this one. On one side, the soundtrack was only available with the game and such, its a bundle and was sold like that. On the other side, I can already picture people selling the soundtrack separately and Im sure someone will buy one and possibly post it here in their collection anyhow.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 05:11:59 pm »
Sound track is a swag, specially when like in this case it didn't come in an LE type box and the game doesn't say on the cover anything about the audio CD. just like the Thousand Arm st.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 05:14:53 pm by thedarkpersian »

abe

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:55:25 pm »
I'd say that they should be listed separately unless there's anything at all on the game's packaging that indicates it came with the soundtrack.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 11:08:55 pm »
I'd put them separate, simply because they didn't come in one box. If they did, it'd be different, but they came as individual items. Plus, if you add the standalone copy to your collection (http://vgcollect.com/item/96583) you get to look at the glorious art and disc media because I scanned them both in a day or two ago.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:14:22 pm by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 11:47:38 pm »
How did we handle Chrono Trigger for the DS? It's soundtrack was also separate from the DS game case but you could only get it with the game.

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 04:13:13 pm »
How did we handle Chrono Trigger for the DS? It's soundtrack was also separate from the DS game case but you could only get it with the game.

I don't recall a soundtrack with Chrono Trigger for the DS... It had a poster inside its case, if anything.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 02:37:11 am »

I don't recall a soundtrack with Chrono Trigger for the DS... It had a poster inside its case, if anything.

I have it. While I got it as a bundle it was from a mom and pop shop. Not sure if it was ever sold together mainstream.

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 02:48:24 am »

I have it. While I got it as a bundle it was from a mom and pop shop. Not sure if it was ever sold together mainstream.

I think that was a pre-order bonus(soundtrack).

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 04:02:01 am »
Ah, yeah, you're right :)
http://vgcollect.com/item/85913

This particular item specifies the European version but yeah, I think we normally separate out preorder items if they're not packaged specially. Thanks for all the feedback, folks! I think the general consensus is leaning towards separate records, so I'll submit an edit.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 09:38:47 am »
Just add the soundtrack as an item. I want to personally keep mine as the bundle.

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 01:16:57 pm »
Just add the soundtrack as an item. I want to personally keep mine as the bundle.

K, though that means someone is eventually going to make a Vita bundle as well...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 05:25:44 pm »

K, though that means someone is eventually going to make a Vita bundle as well...

I guess that's also legit. :)