Author Topic: Any dog lovers?  (Read 2274 times)

Any dog lovers?
« on: April 28, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »

aliensstudios

Re: Any dog lovers?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:20:48 pm »
Me! I have two dogs now and I remember playing the hell out of Nintendogs years ago.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

azure

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:44:01 pm »
Oh yes, I've owned a dog all my life. You could definitely say I'm a dog person.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 09:12:28 pm »
I like all animals. More of a cat person, but I do like dogs too. I don't own one now (3 cats, though). But I did have one growing up. A very sweet and loyal female black lab. With a very stupid name because my brother named her: Safeway (it's where we got her, family was giving away puppies out front).

indenton

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:35:00 pm »
Yea, got a family Dog right now, a German Pointer, had 2 other dogs across my childhood.  Duck Hunt in Smash Bros. was a pleasant surprise and a new favourite!

But seriously Marv, you sure to belt out some odd thread posts, nothing wrong at all but these topic really are jumping all over the place.  Next week I hope we're getting psychological, book an appointment folks, Marv's gonna take us for a ride!

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 11:25:39 pm »
my parrents owned the local invisible fence and 2 other territories. I have very fond memories of going with my dad on sales calls, helping to measure out the property, helping lay wire, and most of all helping train the dogs and cats... and one pig... (some people are strange)

on top of that all throughout my childhood we have always had at least 3 dog and a cat. the only reason I do not have one right now is because my appartment is pet free and all the pet friendly ones are about 25% more expensive.

so yes I am a dog lover, cat lover, and animal lover.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:45:20 am »
My dog and I have a love/hate relationship.

She drives me mad but who could resist that face  ;D

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 06:55:14 am »
I like all animals. More of a cat person, but I do like dogs too. I don't own one now (3 cats, though). But I did have one growing up. A very sweet and loyal female black lab. With a very stupid name because my brother named her: Safeway (it's where we got her, family was giving away puppies out front).

I have a Black Lab too :). they are awesome. Mine was pre named too. His name is comet.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:03:22 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 07:11:43 am »
Yea, got a family Dog right now, a German Pointer, had 2 other dogs across my childhood.  Duck Hunt in Smash Bros. was a pleasant surprise and a new favourite!

But seriously Marv, you sure to belt out some odd thread posts, nothing wrong at all but these topic really are jumping all over the place.  Next week I hope we're getting psychological, book an appointment folks, Marv's gonna take us for a ride!

lol

kashell

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 08:26:13 am »
Another day, another random topic from marvy.

But, yes. I'm a huge dog lover. Actually, scratch that. I'm an animal lover. I'll take a dog over a cat, but cats have their high points.

Currently, we have a dog named Blanche and a cat named Mabel. There's something lovely about old lady names for pets, so the names work well. Blanche is named after the Golden Girl, but she acts more like Rose.

my parrents owned the local invisible fence and 2 other territories. I have very fond memories of going with my dad on sales calls, helping to measure out the property, helping lay wire, and most of all helping train the dogs and cats... and one pig... (some people are strange)

Pigs actually make great pets. They're surprisingly smart. I've never owned one, but a friend of mine did. It was adorable.

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:14 am »
Another day, another random topic from marvy.

But, yes. I'm a huge dog lover. Actually, scratch that. I'm an animal lover. I'll take a dog over a cat, but cats have their high points.

Currently, we have a dog named Blanche and a cat named Mabel. There's something lovely about old lady names for pets, so the names work well. Blanche is named after the Golden Girl, but she acts more like Rose.

Pigs actually make great pets. They're surprisingly smart. I've never owned one, but a friend of mine did. It was adorable.

yeah pigs are fun. I would never own one just because I do not know how to properly care for them. but mainly what I was getting at was that someone decided to get a pet containment product installed and all the training that goes with it on a pig where you generally only see them out in the country where they aren't really going to wander away.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 11:40:22 am »
I love all animals.  I currently have two dogs and a cat.  My oldest dog Cuddles (first wife named her) I found on my way home from work at 7:30 in the morning.  I saw a dead pup in the middle of a back road I used as a shortcut and just happened to look right and saw my baby sitting at the end of a driveway.  Some pieces of shit threw them out.  She was so young, she couldn't walk (she did the puppy wobble) and she had a fractured jaw and bruised ribs.  The vet thought she was a terrier mix and my wife kept her in her lap and named her Cuddles.  Well, turns out she was actually a German Shepard mix and she weighs about 67 lbs!   :o  She is very old now, it will be 14 years the beginning of this July that I have had her.  She can barely hear and she spends her days sleeping and farting.  But she's still walking ok with maybe an occasional assist getting up from laying down.  She's the best dog and best friend I have ever had and I dread the day when she is gone.

My second doggie is a Miniature Schnauzer named Isa.  She just turned six last month.  She runs around and jumps like a Gazelle.  Sweet but hard-headed little girl.

My kitty is named Boo.  She's a black kitty with brindle throughout her fur.  I found her next to a soda machine at Country Mart on November 12, 2001.  I know the exact date because I went into town to buy Metal Gear Solid 2 on release day.   :P  So she's 14 and a half now.  She spends most of her days sleeping in my bed.  We named her Boo because she used to enjoy hiding under the bed, concealed by the skirt.  When you would walk by, she would reach out with both paws and grab your foot.  Scared the crap out of you every time!  As with all cats, she has her very own unique quirks.  You don't want to enter the bathroom if she is using her litterbox.  I think she has stagefright or something because she will shoot out of there like a bullet if you walk in.  It's funny what people will do to not disturb their pets.  Like avoiding entering the bathroom (in our case) or sliding out of bed funny so you don't disturb them.  LOL.

I've always wanted a potbelly pig.  Preferably one of those mini Vietnamese models.  I had a friend who's dad raised them.  They were litter box trained and just the sweetest little guys.  They loved to snuggle and they never smelled bad. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 11:10:43 am »
Big props on adopting the strays gf78!

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

gf78

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 03:18:48 pm »
Big props on adopting the strays gf78!

Thanks krelyan!  Here in the Midwest (Missouri at least) people abandon dogs and cats or they drive them out into the country and drop them off. It truly breaks my heart. These animals are just abandoned for no reason other than their owner just up and decides one day they don't want them. If I was independently wealthy and didn't have to go to a job every day, I would have a personal shelter to take care of these poor animals and love them like they deserve. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the money. If I ever receive a large inheritance or win the lottery, that is exactly what I will do.

As for Cuddles and Boo (my two strays), you couldn't ask for more loving and fantastic companions. Boo has slept curled up to me for over 14 years now and her soft rhythmic purr soothes me to sleep every night. Cuddles lays at the foot of the bed, guarding her daddy from any trespassers...even though she is nearly deaf now. Her time here now doesn't have much longer or as Yoda says "twilight is upon her."  I try not to dwell on it and just enjoy my time with her. She was my rock when my first wife passed away in an automobile accident and kept me going when I was home by myself with nothing but my thoughts. So I have an extraordinarily strong bond with her.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 03:45:54 pm »
Growing up we did sled dogs. The most we had at one time was 20. Every year we'd have at least one litter. Now there's only one retired Alaskan husky, a Maltese/poodle, a red merle cattle dog and two sheltie/huckies.