Author Topic: What's your experience with Solaris Japan?  (Read 3454 times)

turom

PRO Supporter

What's your experience with Solaris Japan?
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:46:46 am »
I was looking at Solaris Japan's website and they have quite a lot of impressive retro stuff in stock, like on this page: https://solarisjapan.com/collections/md

Though when watching their ebay store I only see modern games: http://stores.ebay.com/Solaris-Japan

So what's the deal with their retro games? Did you already buy some? How's the service, postage, condition?

Please share if you traded with them already ;D
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: What's your experience with Solaris Japan?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:30:44 pm »
I bought my XRGB Mini framemeister from their direct website and got it pretty much the next day. No issues.

Badges

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:17:00 pm »
it may just be a case of them not wanting to list on e-bay because they can get enough buyers for the retro stuff on their website (cuts down on cost)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 04:00:11 pm »
Dang, I never even heard of this website but now I can't stop thinking about buying stuff!

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 04:04:33 pm »
From my experience, they have some pretty good deals on items if you look around. The shipping costs are great for small items; it jumps a bit for bigger le items. I bought my copy of Dodonpachi Saidoujou Super Limited Edition from there since they had the lowest price around the net at the time, and it came in within a week with no problems at all to the packaging.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 04:18:00 pm »
Do you know if there's a way to see if an item bought used is complete with things like the manual, art, etc.? They have Venus and Braves for a price that isn't outrageous and I'm really tempted to get it.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:43:06 pm »
Dang, I never even heard of this website but now I can't stop thinking about buying stuff!
Yeah me too. I just ordered Darius R, Phalanx and Yggdra Union for a somewhat decent price. Damn you turom!  :P
What I find a little bit disappointing is the fact that they charged me with (substantial) shipping costs while 2 of the 3 items had free shipping stated in their description. On the other hand you can set the customs value for the shipment. That's a nice feature.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:47:50 pm by blurks »

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 02:12:05 pm »
I've bought Super Famicom games from there a couple of times and they have been great both times.

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 04:48:14 am »
Thanks for the info peeps! Looks like I'll give it a try on some of my wishlsit stuff.

Do you know if there's a way to see if an item bought used is complete with things like the manual, art, etc.? They have Venus and Braves for a price that isn't outrageous and I'm really tempted to get it.

If you open the detail of a game you can see pictures of what I suppose is the very item you're buying: https://solarisjapan.com/collections/md/products/alisia-dragoon
BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

kashell

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 11:41:28 am »
Thanks for the info peeps! Looks like I'll give it a try on some of my wishlsit stuff.

If you open the detail of a game you can see pictures of what I suppose is the very item you're buying: https://solarisjapan.com/collections/md/products/alisia-dragoon

I did that for the game I'm interested in, but it doesn't show any pictures. Maybe it only applies to certain games.

https://solarisjapan.com/collections/ps2/products/venus-braves

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 05:44:38 am »
Be careful when shopping on this page.
1.) Your shipping method is always stopped at customs, which means a surcharge to the price (the friendly shipment they charge extra is just a way to get more money).
2.) If you have any problem with the product the customer service is really horrible, you can forget to receive your money or another product (unless you pay again shipping costs)
In short ... The price you put on the page is not real, add customs and some possible surcharge. If you have any problems with your product you are lost.
I will never buy here again. There are much more serious and reliable alternatives, such as Mandarake