Author Topic: Different list for digital games.  (Read 1735 times)

Different list for digital games.
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:29:45 pm »
I'm I the only one who dont want his digital games to blend with actual games in my collection listing?

That exactly why I didnt add them in my collection on the site, If i had, i would have at least a hundred more game listed here.

I think that could be a good idea to have two sub-list in each console. When you clic on, for example "Xbox 360" you have a sub-menu with two entries "Digital" and "Physical". You can also choose "Both" to have them listed all blend together like now.

What do you think?

aliensstudios

Re: Different list for digital games.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:31:51 pm »
That'd be cool but I don't think it's really that bad the way it is. A lot of people don't even think digital games count
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

PlayerC90

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:59:13 pm »
A lot of people don't even think digital games count

Well that's exactly what the OP is getting at I think. He doesn't want digital games to increase his (physical) collection number, but would still like to have them added. I'm the same way. At this point, thanks to steam sales and all that stuff I now have more digital games than physical. That's why I removed the digital stuff from my account again and made a secondary account just for digital games. This works, but it is quite the hassle and having them seperated would be good solution for this, I think.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:34:03 am »
I'd eventually like users to be able to have customizable lists that maybe they can toggle to have it count towards their game count or not. That way, they can separate items like swag, wish lists, sell lists, dupes, and digital titles. Or a list just for items that you loaned to a friend, etc.

Hopefully one day!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 02:51:00 am »
I wouldn't mind a digital section. I don't count digital games but being able to keep tabs on them would still be useful. Like roms on an ever drive cart. :p

Badges

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 10:01:37 am »
A lot of people don't even think digital games count

Well that's exactly what the OP is getting at I think. He doesn't want digital games to increase his (physical) collection number, but would still like to have them added. I'm the same way. At this point, thanks to steam sales and all that stuff I now have more digital games than physical. That's why I removed the digital stuff from my account again and made a secondary account just for digital games. This works, but it is quite the hassle and having them seperated would be good solution for this, I think.
Well then it has to be done for interactive figures, swag, guidebooks, controllers, consoles, etc., anything that isn't a physical game. That's why I like the breakdown, it tells you howe much of your collection is physical, digital or other.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

karyann

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 10:23:04 pm »
You can't browse titles this way, but currently you can at least see the number of items in separate categories, if that interests you. When in your collection, click on your avatar to see your profile. There's a pie chart a the bottom, and above there are some stats!

Hope that helps a bit for now.

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 04:14:05 am »
I realize the breakdown information for things like physical games, digital, swag/collectibles, interactive figures and guides is listed when you click on the portrait but I think it would be nice if that breakdown could be shown in that VGCollect signature that shows the total number of items in our collection along with the 5 most recent acquisitions.  :)

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 09:49:26 am »
customizable lists would be fantastic but as it sits all digital games you add to your collection are sectioned off. when you click on your collection on the left and say go into ps3 their is a subcategory where all digital downloaded titles are held.

EDIT:

I stand corrected I looked and they are not subcategorized. all digital only games have a category all their own. my example above would be "Playstation network"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:52:26 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

topspot123

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 11:06:42 pm »
I'd eventually like users to be able to have customizable lists that maybe they can toggle to have it count towards their game count or not. That way, they can separate items like swag, wish lists, sell lists, dupes, and digital titles. Or a list just for items that you loaned to a friend, etc.

Hopefully one day!

This is a feature that I've been patiently waiting for as well.  It was on Matt's original to do list, but seems to have fallen off of the radar.  No complaints though, since I love what the site currently provides.   I don't have anything else listed in my current collection except physical and I would love to have a list of my digital games, but I don't want to 'bump' the numbers on that list.  I also don't want to manage multiple accounts here, although I consider doing that from time to time.

For me, instead of Collection, Wish List, and sell list, I would do something like Hardware as one list, accessories, physical collection, digital collection, then maybe wish list.  I don't even use the sell list (and my wish list is a whopping five items deep).

That's just my two cents.