Author Topic: Everything we have been taught was all a lie?  (Read 2345 times)

Everything we have been taught was all a lie?
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:31:59 am »
For example, College. Did the man who invented college go to college? Hmmm. So why is college the standard for success in our nation? We are thought complex math and arithmetic, and Shakesperean literature before we are ever thought how to file taxes, how to drive a car, how to raise a family, how to provide CPR, How to swim, how to tie a tie and other great things to know.  They feed us brainwashing propaganda. They make it so if you don't know A+34/39.8 = B or the 14th president of the united states off the top of your head you cant get a job in welding. Does that make any sense at all? That in order to be able to get a job as a chef I must first learn Trigonometry? Our educational system is flawed in multiple ways. The proper way of teaching our children would be teaching them basic math, multiplication, division, subtraction, addition. The fundamentals used in everyday life. Then as they progress teach them about our country, some literature but id say at about the high school level they could choose their own profession to pursue and learn that specific profession. Then they can study how to do plumbing if they want to become a plumber rather than complex math that they will never ever use a day in their life. Complex math that 4/10 children fail. Part reason why we have some of the highest dropout/flunk percentages in the world. The information being processed is useless. The human brain was never meant to learn it.  We wasted almost 15 years of our lives learning nothing. We learned nothing. Just played the role. And they make it so you have to. Single file lines, awful food. Schools have become mental prisons. Please tell me how much of what you learned in high school you use daily or even still remember. For me a percentage would be maybe 20 percent. I learned more life lessons and useful ideas from the janitor who would speak prophecies during lunch and he had awesome quotes. One being "stars cant shine without darkness' which he said to my depressed friend at the time and that suck with me more than K=Michael Jackson squared and all the nonsense they were writing on the chalk board that i never used since. It is useless rhetoric. Then the corporations package ideas like they're oxygen. They make us feel like if we don't have it we are screwed and we cannot fit in. The system is not our friend and they play with our minds because they have a lot to win.  They laugh to the bank. The whole system is designed to keep us at the bottom while they are on top. That is why they teach us things that will never propel us. To keep us distracted. We must learn to think outside the box and battle the system. The world manipulates us into thinking we have a chance but the only people who ever do are the big business greedy execs that will alter our mind into thinking something that we never even thought. From the day we our born different forces make us who we become. Media plays the biggest role in this generation. They form us into their little robot and if we stay quiet and don't uprise or make change then it will remain that way. More kids put stock in Jimmy Fallon then their own fathers these days.   May sound preachy, but the matrix is real when you enter it but some food for thought.  ;D   
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:37:49 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: Everything we have been taught was all a lie?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 10:13:48 am »
Not really, you live and then you die. Easy  ;D.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 10:48:24 am »
Did the man who invented college go to college? Hmmm.

Personally, I think having teens decide their career path is a horrendous idea.  I was a total dumbass in high school despite myself (at the time) thinking otherwise and thought I had it all figured out.  But all the tests I did well on I later found out just meant I was pretty good at rote memorization and said very little about any of the critical thinking tools I was lacking.  College changed a lot of that.  I have zero regrets about my college education despite not having done stuff like differential equations in 10+ years.  It helped challenge me on a lot of misguided perspectives I had about what makes someone "intelligent."  You sound like you're still rather young Marvel and I hope I don't come across as too condescending but if you keep an open mind concerning your education I think you'll find it will pay off in the long run.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:50:20 am by krelyan »

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:05:04 am »
Dude lay off the pot a bit ok :o

kashell

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 11:42:59 am »
Wall o' texts make my head hurt this early in the morning. I need a drink.

telly

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 11:59:39 am »
Wall o' texts make my head hurt this early in the morning. I need a drink.

Ugh, I agree. I think there's a whole lot of baseless and ridiculous claims, and nothing substantial to back it up. I can't even tell if you're talking about college or high school, or conspiracies again? It starts with college, then changes halfway through, then changes again.  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 01:58:51 pm »
Goddamn Illuminati again! Someone needs to lay off the "start a new thread" button. Not every thought needs a topic on a video game board.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 02:05:34 pm »
Spooky Illuminati conspiracy threads again. Come on, guy.

Badges

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 04:42:37 pm »
This wall of text completely fails to understand the point of general education from K-12, before switching to a specialized field for college/trade school. As I'm almost at the end of my third year of college, I can say that most of the information you learn is used for courses and for your career, although it may not be used as often as you think.  It's incredibly ignorant to say education teaches us nothing; just stop dude.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 04:56:08 pm »
All of his conspiracy threads such as this one are pretty much  [citation needed.] or autism. Your pick.

Badges

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 05:06:25 pm »
"janitor who would speak prophecies"

I think your 'food for thought' is basically the nastiest of junk food lol

Also when I went to highschool, I could take welding classes (did for a year) and then after school, if it was a career I wanted, I could've gone to learn more in schools designed for it.  If I had the money right now, I could start welding courses at a college.  Actually very tempted to do it.  You don't have to get a degree to learn welding.  Same for cooking.  Where is this talk about having to get degrees to do regular jobs? My sister did cooking classes for I think two years and was considering a culinary school afterwards for a bit before changing her mind.

I don't want to say there's any truth to what is being said there, but more generally, there is good discussion to be had about the direction of our schooling system and how it might be better to look at better ways of teaching kids things that could be more helpful along with a good general education.  Seems like for awhile now, a lot of schooling revolves around taking specific tests and basing students abilities on how well they take these tests rather than whether they are really learning anything that will help them.

telly

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 07:21:54 pm »
This wall of text completely fails to understand the point of general education from K-12, before switching to a specialized field for college/trade school. As I'm almost at the end of my third year of college, I can say that most of the information you learn is used for courses and for your career, although it may not be used as often as you think.  It's incredibly ignorant to say education teaches us nothing; just stop dude.

Exactly this. For me K-12 provides a lot of background information that allows people to explore a lot of professions and then decide what they would like to specialize in when the decide to go to college or trade school or whatever.

Even though some people may think anatomy and physiology is "not important" or not "what our brain is designed to learn" (whatever that means), it piqued my interest in health care and the human body; I then went to college to expand on my interests after that.

I really don't think any professions should be flat out taught in high school, though maybe some could be. People at that age (myself included) are too young and needed exposure to a lot of different things so they can find the path that best suits them. While a lot of high school may "seem" useless in hindsight, how will you know unless you actually take the classes?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 08:04:48 pm »
What a skeletal wreck of man this is.
Translucent flesh and feeble bones,
the kind of temple where the whores and villains try to tempt the holistic domes.
Running rampid with free thought to free form, and the free and clear.
When the matters at hand are shelled out like lint at a
laundry mat to sift and focus on the bigger, better, now.
We all have a little sin that needs venting,
virtues for the rending and laws and systems and stems are ripped
from the branches of office, do you know where your post entails?
Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
When in doubt inside your atavistic allure, the value of a summer spent, and a winter earned.
For the rest of us, there is always Sunday.
The day of the week the reeks of rest, but all we do is catch our breath,
so we can wade naked in the bloody pool, and place our hand on the big, black book.
To watch the knives zigzag between our aching fingers.
A vacation is a countdown, T minus your life and
counting, time to drag your tongue across the sugar cube,
and hope you get a taste.
I can go on and on but lets move on, shall we?

Say, your me, and I’m you, and they all watch the things we do,
and like a smack of spite they threw me down the stairs,
haven’t felt like this in years.
The great magnet of malicious magnanimous refuse, let me go,
and punch me into the dead spout again.
That’s where you go when there’s no one else around,
it’s just you, and there was never anyone to begin with, now was there?
Sanctimonious pretentious dastardly bastards with their thumb on the pulse,
and a finger on the trigger.
CLASSIFIED MY ASS! THAT’S A FUCKING SECRET, AND YOU KNOW IT!
Government is another way to say better…than…you.
It’s like ice but no pick, a murder charge that won’t stick,
it’s like a whole other world where you can smell the food,
but you can’t touch the silverware.
Huh, what luck. Fascism you can vote for.
Humph, isn’t that sweet?
And we’re all gonna die some day, because that’s the American way,
and I’ve drunk too much, and said too little,
when your gaffer taped in the
middle, say a prayer, say a face, get your self together and see what’s happening.
Because in the end, everything we do, is just everything we’ve done.

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 08:39:38 pm »

It's no mystery
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 08:45:08 pm by badATchaos »