Author Topic: Is Twilight Princess good?  (Read 2413 times)

Is Twilight Princess good?
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:40:19 am »
Twilight Princess is the only 3D Zelda Game I haven't tried yet. For some reason I have never ended up buying it or trying it. Does anyone recommend me to try it. I love WindWaker and MM. So if it is like them I am sure I will love it.  How does it rank amongst the other Zeldas in your opinion?

sworddude

Re: Is Twilight Princess good?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:58:34 am »
It's the darkest zelda game in the entire series.

Gameplay wise it is the same but otherwise way different from windwaker.

Some find it to be the best zelda game of all time and some find it garbage.

Twilight princess is my favourite :p
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 09:46:33 am »
Of the 3D Zelda's, it's my favorite. I still prefer the top-down ones though. I recently beat it on the Wii U, and loved it. The gamepad is way easier to use than any of the other control options in past versions, in my opinion.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 11:49:03 am »
I nearly bought it the other day, but decided to start saving up for the NX
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 02:09:19 pm »
I enjoyed the bit I played but I just can't play regular games with the Wiimote. I recently picked up the remaster, so I'm excited about trying it out when I find the time.

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 02:34:37 pm »
There is also a gamecube version with pretty much the best controller ever made. I don't see the problem in controls.

The wii version is cheaper but one cannot simply ignore the gamecube version. Especially since grapics wise the gamecube and wii are pretty much the same.

The wii isn't better aside from some motion control gimmicks. The hardware was not much improved the two games are pretty much identical.

The funny thing is that the grapics are a bit better on gamecube since the component cable better than the wii component cable. funny thing since it is an older console.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:38:56 pm by sworddude »

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 02:40:03 pm »
I have played through it a couple times and it definitely makes my top five Zelda games list.  It is quite different from Majoras Mask and Wind Waker.  I would say the closest comparison would be Ocarina of Time.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

abe

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 03:08:05 pm »
Its HD re-release on the WiiU is my favorite of the 3D Zelda games. I enjoyed it even more than the excellent Ocarina of Time remake on the 3DS.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 03:15:30 pm »
Is water good for you?

YES, TWILIGHT PRINCESS IS GOOD!

It's my second favorite Zelda in the entire series (Ocarina of Time is #1)

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 03:26:59 pm »
The wii version is cheaper but one cannot simply ignore the gamecube version. Especially since grapics wise the gamecube and wii are pretty much the same.
I can't speak for this particular title; however overall that's not true.

It's a common exaggeration.

Although it's true Nintendo pushed aside power to focus on motion controls. The Wii certainly represents a hardware upgrade over the Gamecube.

The Wii is almost identical to the original Xbox in terms of horsepower. Slightly slower CPU but slightly faster GPU.

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 03:40:26 pm »

Although it's true Nintendo pushed aside power to focus on motion controls. The Wii certainly represents a hardware upgrade over the Gamecube.

The Wii is almost identical to the original Xbox in terms of horsepower. Slightly slower CPU but slightly faster GPU.

For later games maybe but twilight princess was an early title for wii

Grapic wise there is no difference at all It's the same. Furthermore since the component cable of the gamecube is slightly better the gamecube will also win in the grapics department for twilight princess.

Wii has more memory etc but power wise it is pretty much the same as gamecube since they only added some motion control gimmicks.

The only difference is that link is left handed in gamecube but right handed in wii version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWoLggVQTA

Also in other comparison clips with the HD release they stick the wii and gamecube version together since they both have the same grapics.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:43:56 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 03:48:56 pm »

Grapic wise there is no difference at all It's the same. Furthermore since the component cable of the gamecube is slightly better the gamecube will also win in the grapics department for twilight princess.

Wii has more memory etc but power wise it is pretty much the same as gamecube since they only added some motion control gimmicks.

The only difference is that link is left handed in gamecube but right handed in wii version.

Also in other comparison clips with the HD release they stick the wii and gamecube version together since they both have the same grapics.
No it doesn't just have more memory.

GameCube:
CPU - PowerPC "Gekko" 485 MHz
GPU - ATI "Flipper" 162 MHz
RAM - 24 MB main 1T-SRAM. 16 MB DRAM. 3 MB Video 1T-SRAM

Wii:
CPU - PowerPC-based 'Broadway' 729 MHz
GPU - ATI 'Hollywood' 243 MHz
RAM - 88 MB main RAM: 24 MB internal 1T-SRAM. 64 MB external GDDR3 SDRAM.

The Wii is a more powerful console all round.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 03:52:34 pm »

GameCube:

Wii:

And yet twilight princess on the gamecube has better grapics thanks to the superior component cable.

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 03:54:36 pm »

GameCube:

Wii:

And yet twilight princess on the gamecube has better grapics thanks to the superior component cable.
I think the words you were searching were for.....

"Wow, I was wrong. I like many others wrongly assumed that the Wii is just a Gamecube with a motion controller."

Dude if you can admit when you're wrong, then you'll learn more. Learning is fun :)

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 03:57:52 pm »

GameCube:

Wii:

I think the words you were searching were for.....

"Wow, I was wrong. I like many others wrongly assumed that the Wii is just a Gamecube with a motion controller."

Dude if you can admit when you're wrong, then you'll learn more. Learning is fun :)

Sure I admit that the wii is better.

But I still stand by my point that the gamecube version of twilight princess has better grapics than the wii version.