Author Topic: Question about Japan GBA release of "Phantasy Star Collection"  (Read 1476 times)

As I've come across a french site like craigslist called leboncoin.fr earlier this year I noticed a japanese GBA game for sale. What immediately grabbed my attention was the the fact that I was totally unaware of its existence. Its title was "Phantasy Star Collection". I know about the EU and US releases but this guy had a japanese version with the item number AGB-APCJ-JPN which is officially assigned to "Pac-Man Collection". He had shown 2 photos and the item looked absolutely legit (why would some random french fake a japanese item anyways?). I tried to get in contact with him to get a deal working but he insisted on using some kind of slang french with thousands of abbreviations I couldn't properly decode... :D
A deal never happened, in the meantime he sold the game.

My question: Does anyone know of a japanese GBA release "Phantasy Star Collection" with the item number AGB-APCJ-JPN? The database entry was made by me based solely on these few facts. No further info can be found on the interwebz...
I'm not registered on NintendoAge but probably someone here can shed some light on it.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Question about Japan GBA release of "Phantasy Star Collection"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »
I'm going to go with a pirate cart for $200 since it's linking to the Pac-Man collection. As odd as it would seem for someone to pirate that game, GBA games in general are heavily pirated.

Badges

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 03:55:41 pm »
But he had the original (looking) box to it as well. Why would someone pirate such an obscure title for this region? I have some doubts.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 04:52:31 pm »
Did the number on the box match the cart?

Badges

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 06:36:22 pm »
Although, it is not a definitive answer. Segaretro does not list a Japanese release. They are usually pretty accurate for something like a game boy advance release for a major series. Combined with your earlier suspicion, I suspect it is fake. 

http://segaretro.org/Phantasy_Star_Collection
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c