Author Topic: Is it possible to have fun with Arkham city if i havent played Asylum yet?  (Read 846 times)

I just picked up Arkham City armored edition and I am so pumped to finally play through it. But I think Asylum ties into it. Does it fill you in on the backstory or does it leave you in the dark? I would rather just hop into Arkham City first. But I don't want to ruin the experience. Should I just watch a cut scene compilation from Asylum to fill myself in?

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

You can hop into Arkham City without playing Asylum but for reference sake, I'd suggest playing Asylum. 

Badges

I've never played Asylum and beat City without any problem, I'm sure though that there are references and stuff I didn't notice...

I bought City a year before Asylum and Origins. Yes, you can have fun with City, just make sure to get Game of the Year Edition.

telly

I played City before Asylum ajd enjoyed it just fine! Personally I think it stands on its own.  :)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

It has some minor connection to the ending of Asylum, mostly with Joker, but I think it stands alone enough by itself.