Author Topic: Bands you listen to the most  (Read 2453 times)

soera

Bands you listen to the most
« on: May 25, 2016, 09:29:35 pm »
I was listening through some of my music while on delivery and realized there are a few bands that I listen to a lot more than anyone else. So much that I own every CD release they have.

Alice in Chains - One of my top bands of all time and my absolute #1 CD (Dirt). I could listen to them wail for hours.

Cranberries - My other top choice in the 90's. This was the only music poster I ever had on my wall. Delores was my dream girl for years.

Disturbed - Couldnt say enough about them. Been a hardcore fan since the first song ever hit the airwaves.

Breaking Benjamin - Probably the ones I listen to the most right now. They do not have a single song I dislike.

Celine Dion - Say what you want ... this woman has a voice that would top anyone at anytime.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Bands you listen to the most
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:41:26 pm »
My top band is Red Hot Chili Peppers, I can listen to their old stuff all day.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:01:43 pm »
Thrice- listened to them since High School Honestly I like how it felt that there style change overtime. Favorite Album
Firewind- one of my favorite Metal bands. favorite album - Burning Earth
Alice in Chains- Do I need a reason? Favorite Album - Facelift
Overkill- Hands down Best Thrash Band out there in my opinion. Favorite Album- White Devil Armory
Amaranthe- Elize Ryd is my Vocal Crush and honestly as gimmicky as it might be having three Vocalist makes it easy to put an album of theirs on repeat. Favorite Album - Massive Addictive
the Offspring- Okay YA, YA, YA, YA, YA. Favorite Album - Americana
Foo Fighters- most consistent band out there today and the only thing I can listen to that would be on those "Hit Music Stations" and local rock stations that doesn't get boring. - Favorite Album - Wasting Light
Motorhead- Wider variety than you think, the only constant is Lemmy's Voice. the amount of Sub-/Genres Motorhead covered would be too long to list. Just to be Different Favorite Album - Inferno but seriously throw a Dart Blind and listen to Whatever it hits the only thing Close to a bad Album is the red-headed step-Child Known as March or Die even then that one has the best version of Cat Scratch Fever and I'm not even a nugent fan

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 10:33:42 pm »
-Def Leppard - This band can seriously do no wrong.

-Erock311 - YouTube metal shredder. He does pop-culture themes from movies, T.V., video games, and other things and seriously turns them into metal masterpieces.

-Iced Earth - Power metal at it's finest. From about Dark Saga to Declaration Day, that line-up was just amazing. Every song on those albums were must-listen-tos.

-In Flames - The innovators and still masters of the melodic death metal genre. They can do the best ballad-style songs and tear it up in the most hardcore songs at the same time.

-In This Moment - I don't like a whole lot of bands with female singers, but the first 3 albums from this band are really damn good.

-Megadeth - All-time favorite band dating 11-years old.

-Metallica - My 2nd all-time favorite band, dating back to 11-years old, again.

-Nightwish - They mix symphonic classical music with metal and they do it superbly. The lead singer they had for years was a professional opera singer, even.

-Scar Symmetry - Beautiful metal, I know, that sounds odd, but listen to them and you'll understand. However, the original singer was soooo much better than their current singer.

-Scorpions - Can't go wrong with this old-school metal band.

-W.A.S.P. - I am a child of the 80s, and this was by far my favorite hair-metal band from the era.

-Year 200X - When I'm the mood for instrumentals, this NES-inspired band fits the bill perfectly. They change NES game music into bad-ass metal themes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:29:07 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 10:41:23 pm »
Yes
Neil Young
Led Zeppelin
The Ramones
ink spots

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 11:28:04 pm »
-Def Leppard - This band can seriously do no wrong.

Def Leppard was just in my hometown last week, and NOBODY tours through my hometown.

I didn't go.

Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 11:56:41 pm »
The Cure
L'Arc~En~Ciel
Deadsy
Garbage
The Birthday Massacre
X Japan

soera

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 12:20:07 am »
-In This Moment

I can really get into this one! I love the Black Widow CD.

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 03:54:47 am »
Megadeth - Been a big Megadeth fan for about 15 years now.  They have their ups and downs in a few areas, but I generally love nearly all of their albums and Dystopia that just came out is one of their better ones in years.

Ghost - I use to not really like this band, but they were getting rather popular in the metal community, so I tried again after Opus Eponymous with Infestissumam and got hooked and I've been listening to Meliora regularly since it released last year.  I even got to see them live and holy crap do I recommend them.  Genuinely good.

Devin Townsend - Basically anything Devin has done.  Some of his ambient stuff I'm not super into, but his career spans across so many different moods and genres and he's just an incredible talent.  My favorite album might be Ziltoid, which I've listened to a ton.  Ziltoid 2 wasn't quite as good, but still has some solid music and he's rarely, if ever, bad.  I can go all the way back to his insane Strapping Young Lad days if I want some truly chaotic music.

Babymetal - Weird one to add, I know, but while I generally enjoy a mixture of Japanese Pop, Rock, and Metal, this band just really came about to deliver something fun.  It's very happy and and fun and I think that's something you really don't see much of in metal.  So much of metal is about death, violence, alcohol, satan, etc, and that's fine, but it's not often to find like upbeat metal and I don't even really know what they are saying lol It's "pick-me-up" music and I've listened to them so much since they released their first album.  Even with the second album being more "mature" and less silly compared to the first one, it's still so enjoyable.

Might be a few others I can think of that I feel really fit into something I listen to a ton and very consistently, but drawing a blank at the moment.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 08:29:23 am »
Kylie Minogue - I adore this woman.

...and that's really about it. When I'm driving, I listen to the news or I listen to video game music.

gf78

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 09:48:02 am »
Bands listened to the most....

1  Iron Maiden.  Favorite band since 1984 and have listened to them ever since.

2  Rammstein.  These guys make some great music and put on the ultimate stage show!

3  Evanescence.  The first album anyway.  After that, Amy Lee's head swelled up and she fired everyone else in the band.  F her.

4  Godsmack.  Sully kicks ass.  Loved these guys since their first album.

5  AC/DC.  Been a fan since I was just a tyke, listening to Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

6  Black Sabbath.  Fantastic band.  I have the drumming from Children of the Grave stuck in my head constantly.  And c'mon....Iron Man.  'nuff said.

7  Led Zeppelin.  What needs to be said?

8  Kiss.  So, so, so many great songs. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 10:06:17 am »
Oh...I gotta check this out.  Christopher Lee is such a badass.  I didn't know he did symphonic metal!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 10:27:48 am »
Looking back over the years, I've noticed that some of my previous mainstays have fallen off. I had recently noticed this while watching Mortal Kombat/Annihilation and how I used to listen to all those bands in those soundtracks pretty heavily around 10+ years ago. That might be a topic for another time, but often when these conversations come up, I'd say some of those bands. In reality, that isn't the case anymore. A previous hobby was in the music business and I ended up having a lot of 1-2 songs for a lot of bands (even some mentioned here) that I won't count. Because I could say yes to Scar Symmetry and Into Eternity, but in reality I only have 3 songs total for those bands from various comps.

So in my current phase of music, still trying out new things, and ignoring bands I listen to a lot that are only a handful of songs, I will go with these as the ones that count:
- Behemoth
- Morbid Angel
- Skrillex
- Dokken

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 11:09:50 am »
Metric
Stars
Chvrches
Zebrahead
Arkells
Matt & Kim
Coeur de Pirate
Chromeo
Phantogram
Tegan and Sara
Adema (Pretty much solely the Kill the Headlights album)
Unwritten Law
New Found Glory
Paramore
Pulse Ultra/Rise Electric/Lucas Rossi
Fireflight
Icon for Hire
Flyleaf
Halestorm
The Pretty Reckless
In This Moment
KT Tunstall

but a lot of times I just put on OCRemix
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:14:23 am by ctracy87 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 11:29:06 am »
Korn
Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica

Yeah, those are the big three.  I don't listen to that many CD's or whole albums.  I just put it on the ole SiriusXM, and let it play.