Author Topic: Doh! I know better!  (Read 2241 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Doh! I know better!
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:58:41 am »
At Wal-Mart tonight. Saw a game at a good price. I checked VGCollect, I don't have it.

I buy it, bring it home. I'm placing it on the shelf...

Dang it.

I already own Shovel Knight for WiiU.

I have no excuse. I've been slacking off on keeping my collection up to date.

Don't let this happen to you. :)

Re: Doh! I know better!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:28:53 am »
Word.  This happens frequently.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 08:20:06 am »
Oops! But, I hear Shovel Knight is fun so not a total loss.

Luckily, this never happens to me.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 09:20:20 am »
I recently had noticed that my IRL collection does not match my collection here. I try to keep everything updated, but somehow I got out of sync. So I ran into this situation a couple weeks ago as well, but now I will have to go through the long process of double checking everything. :(

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 09:25:24 am »
I recently had noticed that my IRL collection does not match my collection here. I try to keep everything updated, but somehow I got out of sync. So I ran into this situation a couple weeks ago as well, but now I will have to go through the long process of double checking everything. :(
I've been slowly doing this.  It's such a pain.

azure

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 10:13:21 am »
I never have this problem, I know what games I have/don't and whether or not the price is good.  I'm sure if I was one of the individuals going after complete sets and all that jazz it wouldn't be so easy, but I digress.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 10:13:53 am »
Happened with Unlimited Saga on the PS2 recently. Found it for $5, was 80% I didn't have it...I did.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 10:14:04 am »
that was no mistake. You just got one to keep it sealed, and one to actually play.  :P

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 10:20:57 am »
times like this im glad I have a great memory for these kinds of things. if I see the cover art I will know with 100% accuracy if I own it or not. my issue though is if all I can see is the title I can only be 50/50 if I have it or not. so a lot of times I get doubles of Atari, colleco, intelivision, Gb advanced, and ds games.

I also have the problem of not entering my games into here and usually have a backlog of a month of games before I enter any of them.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:22:54 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 10:54:33 am »
And this, children, is why it is important to log your games immediately.

davifus

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 04:18:33 pm »
1. Buy another Wii U
2. Play both at the same time.
3. ??????
4. PROFIT!!!
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

shepard11

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 05:18:23 pm »
And this, children, is why it is important to log your games immediately.
First thing I always do ask soon as I'm done shopping drives the wife nuts but with over 1000 games and guides I lose track sometimes (mentally).

Warmsignal

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 08:56:01 pm »
Really? I can usually remember if I own a game or not. Most of the time I can tell you what I paid, and where I got it. I don't need to rely on VG Collect for this. The only console that I get a little mixed up on is NES because there's tons of games and I've helped others collect for it, but 99% of the time I'm right without even checking here. As far as the Wii U which doesn't have many games in total, it's one the smallest collections that anyone has by default. Really easy to remember, IMO.

Don't think I've ever double-bought a single game, unintentionally.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 09:05:24 pm »
This happens to me also especially with old school games.Its specially frustrating when im sure i don't have somthing so i don't check my phone then when i get home there it is arrrgh!!!

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 12:05:43 pm »
I don't think I want my collection to get to the point where I don't even know what I have or not. That means I'm not playing what I buy which sort of negates the purpose of the hobby for me. Hopefully you got your money back though.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."