Author Topic: Shady Reseller just got burned by Karma lol :D  (Read 1048 times)

Shady Reseller just got burned by Karma lol :D
« on: June 29, 2016, 04:52:19 pm »
I have an uplifting story for everyone. So their is this reseller that is the biggest snake of them all. He buys games for pennies on the dollar and flips them and he burns people and backdoors people. Sells fakes. Scarfs up local sales so no one else can get any. and he is basically the shadiest dude in the local retro market for video games. That type.  He buys things for 1 dollar off unexpecting grandmas and flips them for hundreds and tries making a living off of our passions and hobbies. So with that said, he posted a post today with a stadium events for NES.  With the caption "He didn't know what he had, but I did. Its mine now. Gonna be a lovely week"  meanwhile the thing is clearly a fugazi. Faker than red cart pokemon blue. So everyone on the page calls him out. Told him it was faker than a Japanese dollar. Asked for board pics. He then posts this big spiel about how he can still make profit because fakes go for 55 dollars on a stadium events. He then screenshots a purchase he plans on making to buy hundreds of fakes at 12 per game and flipping them for 55 each on ebay.  He said he might try to flip the fake and pass it off as a real.  SNAKE!!!!  But at the end of the day karma still burnt him because he spent about 150 on the fake stadium events.  And If I see him trying to sell it to some poor sucker I will be sure to notify people its fake. Not on my watch will these reseller snakes burn innocent collectors.  FOH!!!!!

I honestly love seeing this stuff guys, it makes me happy I love seeing the person that burns everyone and tries making money a shady way off of other peoples passionate hobbies get burnt.  just helps me sleep at night the way karma works.   

Btw, I don't hate all resellers. Only ones that flat our burn, lie and ruin the prices of games for real honest collectors. I don't mind a come up especially on something you may already have. I do that too.  but if you literally wake up and go to the thrift stores to "hunt" for cheap games to flip to people who actually care. then yeah.  not a fan.  I believe I made a thread about this before :D.

Either way guys. hope you enjoyed story time.  may the retro gods shine again and burn another snake for us all to feast upon.   ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Shady Reseller just got burned by Karma lol :D
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 04:55:03 pm »
I've always wondered:

Since this game is the same game as World Class Track Meet, can you just put a World Class Track Meet's guts into a Stadium Events cart, and it's the same thing? Or is there a difference between the two's insides?

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 10:01:42 pm »
I'll be honest, it really kinda annoys me that people try to make an actual living re-selling old video games. That's not a real career. It just isn't. It's a tiny market, it's really scarce, and it's all riding on nostalgia and trendiness with a ticking clock and it will burst. But, undoubtedly these types will move on to the next hot thing. Holding attic trinkets that people want at a ransom, is just a pathetic way of putting food on the table.

I've said before, I know a really honest reseller. Not all of them are jerk-wads who just hunt out video games only and look them up online. Some just want a small markup from what they bought it at, and don't care what the game is. Unfortunately, not usually the case, but sometimes. If you're gonna flip yard sale junk, don't gouge people. I think it's that simple. Price things reasonable and you'll sell more, and make more.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 12:19:42 pm »
I've always wondered:

Since this game is the same game as World Class Track Meet, can you just put a World Class Track Meet's guts into a Stadium Events cart, and it's the same thing? Or is there a difference between the two's insides?

It has a different title screen.  That's what makes it a different game, to me anyway.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 03:57:09 pm »
I've always wondered:

It has a different title screen.  That's what makes it a different game, to me anyway.

I've never owned either, so I didn't know that. But now that you mention it...duh.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 04:45:28 pm »
I've always wondered:

I've never owned either, so I didn't know that. But now that you mention it...duh.

It's a legit question because they are the same game.... other than that damn title screen.  That $8000 title screen and label.   :o

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 06:50:32 pm »
He buys games for pennies on the dollar and flips them and he burns people and backdoors people.

Does he offer lube with every purchase?

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 10:12:44 am »
He buys games for pennies on the dollar and flips them and he burns people and backdoors people.

Does he offer lube with every purchase?

hes a shady guy, probably charges $10 more for that luxury.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully