Author Topic: Should i buy the new doom or wait for a sale?  (Read 920 times)

Should i buy the new doom or wait for a sale?
« on: June 29, 2016, 04:54:21 pm »
 It looks so fun but I have heard mixed reviews. Is the online great?

rayne315

Re: Should i buy the new doom or wait for a sale?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »
I do not own it yet either but basically what I have heard about it is that if you liked the original doom games then you will love this but if you never enjoyed one you will be on the fence about it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:53:21 pm »
I'm waiting on a big sale, because I only want it for the singleplayer.  I heard the multiplayer is fine, but nothing super special.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:54:48 pm »
I'm waiting for this one to drop to about 30 bucks then I'll bite, same with Street Fighter V
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 11:39:18 am »
So far it is hands down the best game I've played all year, and makes the series proud by being a proper update to the original. I haven't played the online because that isn't my thing, but the single player is ridiculously good! Worth $60 for sure.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 11:56:12 am »
So far it is hands down the best game I've played all year, and makes the series proud by being a proper update to the original. I haven't played the online because that isn't my thing, but the single player is ridiculously good! Worth $60 for sure.
Could you recommend it to someone who likes the original Doom but doesn't really care for the modern style fps games? That's the only thing holding me back from paying full price atm.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

gf78

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 01:13:04 pm »
I think the game is fantastic and well worth the $60 I paid at/near launch.  It is like the old Doom games.  You don't stop running and gunning or your dead.  I really like the story as it plays out.  No spoilers here, but I'll just say you aren't a faceless/nameless marine who has to clean up a mess.  The glory kills are fantastic as they are not only super-sadistic, but also provide you with life & ammo. 

The multiplayer is fun, if nothing super special.  I've played around with it a bit and it has your usual modes with team deathmatch, capture the flag, etc. 

The custom maps section called "SnapMap" is pretty friggin' cool.  There are tons of levels you can play solo or co-op that id Software and end users have created.  Some of them are very cleverly designed.  It adds a huge amount of extra playtime.

Right now, I am actually waiting for the price to drop (as it always does) on the Collector's edition.  It includes a steelbook case and a 12" statue of the Revenant that lights up and has spinning gears in the base.  It looks really bad-ass.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us