Author Topic: Video game contests  (Read 1531 times)

rayne315

Video game contests
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:14:26 pm »
This thread will be for contests that are video game related in nature that the general public can enter.

The below post is for a Nintendo T-Shirt design contest from Uniqlo with the following prizes taken off the original techtimes article I found it on. The contest entry deadline is August 31st. and multiple entries are allowed.

$10,000, plus a Nintendo NX console. The second prize isn't bad, either: $3,000, plus an NX. Runner-ups get $500. Uniqlo will print all winning T-shirt designs and have those shirts up for sale in 2017

Winners of Uniqlo's first and second prizes will also receive an invitation to an awards ceremony with Shigeru Miyamoto in attendance in the spring of 2017 — around the time that Nintendo hopes to finally release the NX. Miyamoto will also autograph the "new concept game console NX (Development Codename)" for the top two winners.

https://www.uniqlo.com/utgp/2017/us/ - Link to the contest

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/168074/20160701/design-a-nintendo-t-shirt-and-win-10-000-plus-an-nx.htm - link to article showcasing it.

GL everyone as I would like to see someone on here claim either of those prizes.

DISCLAIMER

It has been brought to my attention that the rules and conditions of this contest seem to be a bit off so PLEASE before you enter read through it and if you don't agree with it please do not enter.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:58:21 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

Re: Video game contests
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 09:11:59 am »
Nintendo summer sweepstakes.

Enter before July 11th for your chance to win one of 10 2DS's and the following game download codes and an additional 6 winners will receive the download codes.

Each Grand Prize Winner will receive a prize package that consists of one (1) download code for each of the following games: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario Party: Island Tour, Yoshi’s New Island, Disney Art Academy, and Kirby: Planet Robobot   

All you have to do is follow the link and post how owning a 3ds will make your summer.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073570760208/6437256809006708336

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

realpoketendonl

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 09:25:43 am »
Nintendo summer sweepstakes.

Enter before July 11th for your chance to win one of 10 2DS's and the following game download codes and an additional 6 winners will receive the download codes.

Each Grand Prize Winner will receive a prize package that consists of one (1) download code for each of the following games: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario Party: Island Tour, Yoshi’s New Island, Disney Art Academy, and Kirby: Planet Robobot   

All you have to do is follow the link and post how owning a 3ds will make your summer.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073570760208/6437256809006708336

OH MY GOD, THAT LOOKS AMAZING! I'M IN- oh, US citizens only. Ok...that's fine... :(
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 01:27:52 pm »
Thank You for this thread, I will enter the 2ds sweepstake :D. I would enter the T-Shirt design one. If only I could design stuff :(  lol

necrosexual

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 02:15:53 am »
aughhh i'm so awful with graphic design. no way i'd win and honestly, $500 when they make profit on my art is... not...
i...
eurgh.

i really don't feel comfortable with the idea of "you can make profit off my stuff" and i have a feeling that in the small print on that, they probably say they hold rights to the art even post-contest and are allowed to use it whenever they want (even if you don't win anything).
winning $10k would be so maddeningly nice rn, need it for surgeries i can't afford, but if you don't win and there's no guarantee they won't pull a "we hold rights blah blah we have the right to use content however we please" then it just seems like a massive scam (except for the, what? 3? 5? 12? people who win/are runner ups). there's a reason most artists have in commission contracts 'NOT allowed to use commissions for COMMERCIAL profit'.
raises a lot of red flags. ugh.

yikes, actually looking into it gets worse.

> Contest participants must cover the cost of producing their designs on their own.

not sure if they mean they're not paying for materials, or if they mean cost of site listing or what. seems really vague.

> UNIQLO Co Ltd will retain all rights of the artwork (designs) submitted to the contest. *All rights to Pokémon are managed by the Pokémon Company.

THAT RED FLAG THO

> Use Adobe Illustrator 10.0 and Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (older versions of these software packages are also acceptable).

they've said about a dozen times they can alter the designs how they see fit.
they expect to get layer copies.

this whole thing reeks to me of artist scam and fishing for free profit. keep in mind they are demanding photoshop docs... that is, copyright is a pretty flimsy law in accordance with artists and their art as-is, and with enough edits, companies can (and have, hot topic is actually really notorious for this) get away with reselling someone's (stolen, highly edited) work.
freaks me out way too much. artists who work for commercial products usually demand a really high price if not a cut of royalties. ie, for every 100 pieces sold x% of profit.
(and i normally post my stuff to anon image boards and whatnot for free with no watermark, i don't really care but this is really obvious what could happen here)

i'll pass.
as for the 2DS, i might do that, but that uniqlo one reeks of the kind of thing that tumblr and deviantart users would normally start spreading PSAs about avoiding being scammed. no joke. it's setting off all the alarms.

>     Yes. We accept applications regardless of the applicants' age, gender, nationality, etc.

pretty sure this is illegal.
pretty sure there are laws that state one has to be 13...? to enter a contest involving cash like this, or have parental signatures and stuff. i could be wrong, but this seems to clash with the digital millennium protection act and some other laws. like i said, i could be wrong but...

i mean, it seems legit otherwise but mmmm.
i'll pass.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:18:35 am by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 10:55:26 am »

oh god I really didn't read the contest rules.... all I was really looking at was the prizes when I posted it. I will add in a disclaimer on it but will keep it up just in case people want to try anyway.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 05:02:15 pm »
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/750760545700175873

Limited Run is giving away a copy of Oddworld for Vita.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 03:02:52 pm »
If you are a trials fan read the below article or just Google "Trials of the blood dragon free"

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-trials-of-the-blood-dragon-free-for-mastering-the-demo/

on July 22nd for that one day only if you download the demo and beat it in 15 or less tries you will receive the full game free. it appears to be only applicable to the pc version though.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 08:32:03 pm »
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-play-arts-kai-photography-contest

Neat Square Enix photography contest for US/Canadian residents to win a bunch of sweet KAI figurines.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 12:13:43 pm »
If you are a trials fan read the below article or just Google "Trials of the blood dragon free"

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-trials-of-the-blood-dragon-free-for-mastering-the-demo/

on July 22nd for that one day only if you download the demo and beat it in 15 or less tries you will receive the full game free. it appears to be only applicable to the pc version though.

all you trials fans don't forget to give this contest a try. all you need to do is download the demo and beat it in 15 or fewer tries today and you will get the full game free

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully