Author Topic: Question regarding front box art for "Saturday Night Slam Masters"  (Read 1541 times)

I was uploading a correct front box art for the game "Saturday Night Slam Masters" twice in the last days - both times the provided image got rejected without further explanation. I find this a little bit confusing, as I have this exact game sitting on my desk and the provided image derived from that specific game on my desk.

Reason?

edit: We're talking about this image:

Flashback2012

Re: Question regarding front box art for "Saturday Night Slam Masters"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »
Odd. That's a solid picture of the cover. I can't see any watermarks on the image that would disqualify its usage and it's a .jpg instead of a .png so it has the correct file extension.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:28:04 pm »
I wasn't the one to see these edits, but what was the reason given? Admins have a drop down that have them choose a reason for rejection. Not a great tool, but covers most things. Personally, I'd prefer a free-text field to specify rejection.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:33:42 pm »
Incorrect Box Art. Please see the VGCollect Style Guide or visit the Forums to clear up any listing questions.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 01:55:15 pm »
Incorrect Box Art. Please see the VGCollect Style Guide or visit the Forums to clear up any listing questions.

Hmm; yeah, I don't know if it came up as a blank image or what. Hopefully the admin who rejected it will recall and let you know. Otherwise, I guess you can always try to submit it again.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 12:41:06 pm »
What was the image on the entry originally?

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 04:59:35 am »
Another submitted improved frontart got rejected for no good reason. I'm talking about FIFA 97 (http://vgcollect.com/item/48601) which has a yellowed frontart. My submitted image shows a better version with less color distortion. Rejection reason this time was "information already on file".

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 11:37:52 am »
I would request that instead of resubmitting the edit, to post in the forum about it. I do not like that I had to approve this edit and then see that it was disputed by someone else. Anyways this art should be approved now.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 02:37:38 pm »
@Blurks,

Put in the description a message to the Mod why you changed the picture. It works for me, and the Mod will understand why you changed it.

tripredacus

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 06:38:48 pm »
@Blurks,

Put in the description a message to the Mod why you changed the picture. It works for me, and the Mod will understand why you changed it.

I disagree, this should not be done. If an edit is rejected, PM a mod that is in the online list of the forum or make a post in the forum about it. The site has a messaging system, no need to use the database for this purpose.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 05:30:31 am »
I do it because some mod's doesn't seem to like if you change the front picture. And as you can't explain it anywhere else, except the forum. You have to explain it on the forum first, and then change it, and hope that another mod who didnt read the forum doesn't deny it.

I use to have the same problem as blurks.