Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 40GB model  (Read 1031 times)

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 40GB model
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:04:04 am »
My local game store has this Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 in a gun metal color, 40GB CIB that I remember a long time ago everyone wanted at the launch of the game, but was ridiculously expensive. I've seen everywhere that it's usually around $400 or more when CIB and the console alone is usually $150 or more, he said he'll let me have it at what he paid for it, $200 and in perfect condition, yay or nay?
P.S. I already got him to drop it from $270.

Picture below is a reference pic to the exact model..

http://www.globalstudiotesting.com/menath/ps3/bundles2.jpg

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 40GB model
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:43 am »
If the going rate is twice that and you really want it, it sounds like a pretty incredible deal.  It really only depends on how much you seriously want it.  It's not a particularly impressive limited edition to me lol The MGSV red PS4 is way cooler.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 02:52:25 am »
If the going rate is twice that and you really want it, it sounds like a pretty incredible deal.  It really only depends on how much you seriously want it.  It's not a particularly impressive limited edition to me lol The MGSV red PS4 is way cooler.

Yeah, while its really un impressive of a model I'm thinking of going for it mainly for collector's value, and my love of the series.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 09:14:35 am »

Yeah, while its really un impressive of a model I'm thinking of going for it mainly for collector's value, and my love of the series.

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in with a nickel's worth of advice.  (This is 7 cents worth, if your keeping up a tab)

If it's worth $200 to you, get it.  Don't buy anything on perceived "collector's value".  That's artificial and can change at any second.  Only buy stuff if the value is there for you.   Good Luck!

gf78

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 01:32:14 pm »
I'm not really sure off-hand what the value of that console would be, but as others have already said don't buy it just on it's perceived value.  If you are a Metal Gear fan or you just really want this system for your personal collection regardless of what it may be worth "down the road" and you have the disposable cash, go for it.  It's a cool looking system.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 02:38:13 pm »
Metal Gear Solid is definitely my favorite series, but at the same time I want it to be worth it with the $200, I was just checking to see if you all thought it was worth that based on value alone. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:47:15 pm by daveysorrows »

topspot123

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 11:12:34 pm »
This was almost the PS3 I bought when I got mine.  From Blockbuster video, if you can believe it.  Remind me, was this still PS2 backwards compatible and include built in card readers?