Author Topic: Your "Mission to Mars" game?  (Read 900 times)

Your "Mission to Mars" game?
« on: July 27, 2016, 01:24:49 pm »
Here's the scenario:

You're on a mission to mars, it's a 3 year round trip. After lift-off, your entertainment computer that has all your emulated games crashes. Luckily for you, your favorite game is still loaded. What game would that be and why?

kashell

Re: Your "Mission to Mars" game?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 03:31:08 pm »
I'm bored at work so I'll bite.

My game would have to be SaGa Frontier. I've clocked in hundreds of hours in it, but there is so much replayability in that game that it usually feels like a new experience every time.

stealthrush

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 03:51:07 pm »
Here's the scenario:

You're on a mission to mars, it's a 3 year round trip. After lift-off, your entertainment computer that has all your emulated games crashes. Luckily for you, your favorite game is still loaded. What game would that be and why?

StarCraft + Brood War for PC seems fitting.

necrosexual

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 03:54:34 am »
fucking yikes.

ahhhh shit. uh.
fuck

fuuuck

disgaea 3 or 4 for vita (either)
or animal crossing new leaf??

i mean, disgaea is nice, because by the time i come back i'll have some stupidly ridiculous stats... but animal crossing will be a forever addiction for me i bet.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

jupiter

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 06:45:01 am »
Yeah I was going to mention Disgaea. I've actually kind of avoided those games because I know I'll end up slaving away at them. However, stuck in space with little to nothing else to do, I'd be fine throwing significant hours into one of them.

I can think of a few more that I'd be fine with. Diablo 2, even Diablo 3 on console. I put 700+ hours into D3 on the pc alone and countless more into D2. Diablo 3 gets a lot of hate, but I enjoyed my time with it immensely.

Any major Bethesda title would work. There's just so much to do in those games.

Final option would be some technical 2d fighter, something you could really spend some hours on honing your skills. BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, KoF, something like that.

What? Dude, you can't ask a question like that and expect me to supply a single, straight answer. I could never choose one, just let the random crash decide which game I play for the next 3 years.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 02:26:14 pm »
probably Dwarf Fortress. Although I have never personally played it I have seen many scenarios people have made for it and with almost endless things to do and actual rpg elements to an almost endless game sounds like the kind of thing I would not get bored of after years of play.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully