Author Topic: Opinions on Resurfacing PS1 Games  (Read 1767 times)

Opinions on Resurfacing PS1 Games
« on: July 27, 2016, 08:38:07 pm »
Pretty much like the title says I'm looking for input on the matter. Like does anyone have any experience having done it with their games or doing it themselves? I only ask sonce i have some games that are pretty beaten up. They were given to me by my mom who admittedly never cared for her games that well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Opinions on Resurfacing PS1 Games
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:45:22 pm »
As long as the scratches aren't too deep, it should work fine.

I got myself a $40 copy of Mega Man Legends 2 (normally goes for around $100) that was all scratched, then got it resurfaced and it ran fine, completed the entire game.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:53:52 pm »
Well i mean if heard good stories around of people getting it done and yeah the scratches on em arent too deep mostly some scuffs on a few disks. Does anyone know of affordable home surfacers that work? I only ask cuz I'm pretty sure that there arent any places in the town I live in that do it

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:59:34 pm »
I have no idea. I go to a local used movie/game shop here in town does them for $3 a disc.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 09:02:07 pm »
Damn yeah  like i said sadly I'm not even sure if there are places that do that where I live.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 12:20:32 am »
There are services online you can send your disc to.  You mileage may vary but if the disc is a coaster as is right now. Why not gamble with an online service and send the disc in for repair?

shfan

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 06:22:07 am »
As others have suggested here either in-store on online there are options for disk skimming. I don't know what your town is like in terms of shops, but pretty much anywhere that sells second hand DVDs, games etc. in any quantity should have a professional disk repair machine. It's worth asking - if I go to my local town for instance there are 3 chain store game shops (GAME, Grainger Games and CEX) who have disk repair machines and not one of them advertise the fact that they will repair disks.