Author Topic: PS1 LCD Screen  (Read 2019 times)

PS1 LCD Screen
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:57:57 pm »
So was it meant onpy to be used with the slim model or do they work with the originals as well?

Re: PS1 LCD Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:02:58 pm »
I believe it is kind of form fitting, I don't think there is any way to plug it into the original models.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:09:34 pm »
http://vgcollect.com/item/26950

if this is what you mean it only works on slim models. and honestly I didn't even know it came off. mine is tightly on when I got it so I never tried removing it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 02:12:33 pm »
It only works with the PSOne (slim model).  Both the Sony brand and the Pelican brand are made to line up exactly with the ports on the back of the PSOne.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 02:13:06 pm »
http://vgcollect.com/item/26950

if this is what you mean it only works on slim models. and honestly I didn't even know it came off. mine is tightly on when I got it so I never tried removing it.

Yeah, you could buy it separately.  Or it came bundled with the PSOne.  The bundle came in a light green box.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 04:15:35 pm »
Ah thats a shame. Always wanted one but people just want more than I'm willing to pony up for ya know?

darkragnorok

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:07:51 pm »
reminds me of when I was looking for a screen for the Gamecube, rather pricey alas.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 10:00:23 pm »
I used to have one of these, it deff only works with the Psone not the original Ps. I've been thinking about buying it back but i don't really see a point in it anymore, also people in the modding community love using these for custom builds because they're oen of the more affordable small screen you can buy for a project (at least this was the case a few years ago). :P

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 09:50:06 am »
I never even knew it existed till it showed up at my local good will. so you may find one some day.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 10:42:23 am »
I never even knew it existed till it showed up at my local good will. so you may find one some day.

Really?  I bought one wayyy back when it was first released as a bundle.  Loved that little system.  My buddy needed a PlayStation at the time and offered me what I paid for it so I helped him out.  I've regretted it ever since.  It was a pretty badass little combo unit that was semi-portable.  I wonder if in a way, it influenced Sony with making the PSP. 

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 10:23:11 am »
I know that the NTSC model Sony brand PSOne LCD screen can be used to display any compatible RGB input signal directly from the Sony AV Multi connector if you make a female RGB-21 to male AV Multi adapter like I did :) I've even tested it with the Sega Master System and N64 via an RGB amp circuit I made. It will display 240P and 480i NTSC signals for sure. Therefore, you CAN use the LCD as a display for any version of the older NTSC PlayStations (1, 2, 3) HOWEVER, the LCD screen won't be able to directly mount to the back of anything besides the PSOne.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 11:26:48 am »

I got a crazy deal on a complete system with the screen a carrying case and a bunch of games at goodwill last year. Turning out the psone CD player was shot but fortunately I had another psone I'd purchased for $9 a week earlier that worked fine. :)

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 10:15:30 pm »
These are expensive because of people making custom portable consoles and cannibalizing them for the screen.

Like instructables here: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Portable-Game-System/step4/The-Screen/

This really needs to stop. I get it that these people want something easy to mod for their projects, but there are plenty of new LCD's not difficult to wire that you can buy from China without wrecking something that somebody else would like to have intact. The laziness really pisses me off.