Author Topic: Tokyo ready for the 2020 olympics with the help of mario ^-^?  (Read 937 times)

Tokyo ready for the 2020 olympics with the help of mario ^-^?
« on: August 23, 2016, 12:21:18 am »
This was awesome  :D   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkXqVf5jcYY       

I think I might save up to go to this olympics live :D.   It would be my biggest dream to experience Tokyo in all its glory :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:26:38 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: Tokyo ready for the 2020 olympics with the help of mario ^-^?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 02:43:11 am »
It's a cool hand off to the Tokyo Olympics.  I don't really have a whole lot of interest in the Olympics themselves, but I heard the opening ceremony is gonna be nuts.  At least we can hopefully expect something better out of this one.  Russia was plagued with construction and corruption issues, Rio was a disaster in many different ways, so it'll be interesting how a country like Japan handles it.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 08:39:37 am »
The full promo featured Pac-man, Hello Kitty and a couple other media franchises. It just feels really weird having a country represent themselves with entertainment brands. -Is that Japan has to offer? Games and Anime? It's just really strange.

indenton

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 04:09:49 pm »
The full promo featured Pac-man, Hello Kitty and a couple other media franchises. It just feels really weird having a country represent themselves with entertainment brands. -Is that Japan has to offer? Games and Anime? It's just really strange.

Yeah dude, where's the booze and cigarettes.  Why would the 2 aspects of the japanese industry which are very much present worldwide be endorsed during a internationally broadcast event.  Besides the Tokyo 2020 Olympic games have a few more sponsors than that

madmax

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:00:49 pm »
I think the Japanese Olympics are going to be really entertaining. You know that everything is going to be immaculate and done perfectly. At the same time their culture has been influenced by videogames and cartoons so much that the ceremonies and presentations will be fun to watch and completely unpredictable.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 08:04:42 am »
Did anyone ever watch the winter Olympics in Nagano? I never bothered since I don't care for the winter Olympics.