Author Topic: Nintendo NX Will Be a Gimmick System  (Read 3611 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Nintendo NX Will Be a Gimmick System
« on: August 26, 2016, 12:42:49 pm »
Well, this all but confirms it: The NX will be yet another gimmick system:

"One of the things that we have to do better when we launch the NX — we have to do a better job communicating the positioning for the product," Fils-Aime said. "We have to do a better job helping people to understand its uniqueness and what that means for the game playing experience."

So disappointed, Nintendo...so disappointed.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/26/12658226/nintendo-nx-better-than-wii-u-details

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Nintendo NX Will Be a Gimmick System
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 12:44:08 pm »
So it looks I'll be getting my copy of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U. Don't want any wonky motion controls like I got stuck with on Twilight Princess, and now I can't find a decently priced GameCube copy.

kashell

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 12:56:07 pm »
I have many mixed emotions after reading the article.

I hate speculating, but this guy is clueless. And as a result, the NX does not sound too good.

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:05:55 pm »

I hate speculating, but this guy is clueless. And as a result, the NX does not sound too good.
What did you have in mind anyway.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 01:09:51 pm »

I was just focusing on the comment from Phil, really. That quote screams, "GIMMICK," to me.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 01:14:58 pm »

Regarding what the console will be?

dreama1

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 01:45:56 pm »

Regarding what the console will be?
Yes, or hoping.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 01:50:44 pm »
I see nothing in this that confirms it is a gimmick.  Using the word "unique" I can see be construed that way, but every system needs to be "unique" otherwise why buy it instead of someone else's product.  Unique != gimmick.

Knowing Nintendo and their history, that's the only reason people scream gimmick.

Like I keep saying, until Nintendo actually announces something, you're just speculating and assuming.

I really hate that these posts keep cropping up, there is absolutely no reason to start these topics other than to start a fanboy rage war, and it always turns into fanboy rage wars.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 01:54:06 pm »
^ No reason except it's a new system and that's what gamers love to talk about. Don't think there's a thing wrong with being concerned about a new system when we're all gamers.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 01:57:32 pm »
^ No reason except it's a new system and that's what gamers love to talk about. Don't think there's a thing wrong with being concerned about a new system when we're all gamers.
Your post isn't "Let's talk about the NX" your post is "Nintendo NX Will Be a Gimmick System".

One conveys talking about the new system.  One conveys an opinion stated as if it were a fact.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 02:04:56 pm »
Your post isn't "Let's talk about the NX" your post is "Nintendo NX Will Be a Gimmick System".

One conveys talking about the new system.  One conveys an opinion stated as if it were a fact.

Sure does. I still don't see a problem here. I mean, I did quote Reggie, who works for Nintendo.

Did I break any forum rules? Are you an admin?

rayne315

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 02:08:23 pm »

Sure does. I still don't see a problem here. I mean, I did quote Reggie, who works for Nintendo.

the 2 of you calm down. we aren't even off of the first page and your already arguing. if you keep it up this thread will be locked.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 02:10:18 pm »

I conveyed that your post is antagonistic in nature, and that it causes further antagonizing, and thus you have proven my point.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 02:13:45 pm »

the 2 of you calm down. we aren't even off of the first page and your already arguing. if you keep it up this thread will be locked.

Okay, just like I asked him, what did I do wrong here? Did I troll anyone or say anything inappropriate? Is me asking if I did something wrong, now wrong? Why am I getting slapped on the wrist for someone accusing me of stuff?

I seriously fail to see how talking about the new NX and the article is somehow wrong.

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 02:28:26 pm »
I'm just going to post as another forum member and not as an admin because, really, who needs to wave a mod flag around.

Anyway, I agree that the post title is a little clickbaity as the article itself doesn't use the word "gimmick." From the Reggie quote that was posted in the OP, it just sounds like he's calling the system "unique" which, honestly, is vague as heck and ironic considering that the article is about being better about communicating information.

I personally don't bother to read articles about the NX because nothing has been officially announced by Nintendo. Until then, I'm not interested in hemming and hawing and fretting about it really. I've got plenty of games currently to play anyway ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:30:40 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas