Author Topic: Bulk Collection Edit  (Read 1013 times)

Bulk Collection Edit
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:01:38 pm »
Is there a way to bulk edit the Cart/Disk/Item, Case/Box, Manual, and Other checkboxes? The 'Add to Collection' button from browse defaults those to unchecked, but the 'Add to Collection' button from individual titles screen defaults those to checked. I'd like to set all in my collection to checked. Thanks
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:11:34 pm by tripredacus »

tripredacus

Re: Bulk Collection Edit
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:12:18 pm »
I changed your topic title to reflect what you were asking.

This has been brought up before... I think I even asked about it a couple years ago.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »
Fine with me. I don't even recall what my original title was. Guessing not an option?

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 06:37:24 pm »
Fine with me. I don't even recall what my original title was. Guessing not an option?

Original title was "bulk edit" and I wanted to make sure the title reflected that you meant editing your collection rather than editing the database itself. That has been brought up recently and some people may get the wrong idea about what the topic was about just by the title.

As far as what you ask for, currently I do not think it can be done. I, too, have a bunch of items in my collection that are not correct. When I first joined the site, I just added games to my collection and didn't check any boxes. It was only a couple years ago I went through the laborious task of fixing up just the hockey, baseball and most of the Sega games in my collection.

I haven't tried to do that in a long time, maybe someone has some tips? Otherwise, thanks for posting in here!

jason

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 06:57:48 pm »
Is there a way to bulk edit the Cart/Disk/Item, Case/Box, Manual, and Other checkboxes? The 'Add to Collection' button from browse defaults those to unchecked, but the 'Add to Collection' button from individual titles screen defaults those to checked. I'd like to set all in my collection to checked. Thanks

Would it help to default the 'Add to Collection' button from browse to checked (instead of unchecked) for consistency?

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 08:09:51 am »
I don't think there is any easy solution.  It looks like the collection side of things is built off of bootstrap, possibly MVC.  You might be able to do something where you have a clickable button somewhere on a given page (i.e. vgcollect.com/ignition365/3) that sets the whole page to edit where you can go up and down the page checking whatever boxes you want (minus purchased and cost since that isn't displayed) and you click save (or cancel) and it saves (or reverts) the data as necessary.

You might also be able to build a form that will when clicking the "Add to collection" button (or any of the other add buttons) it will prompt a popup that will ask for info for the respective items.  Again, not an easy task, even harder to make intuitive, but likely possible.

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 02:44:14 pm »

Would it help to default the 'Add to Collection' button from browse to checked (instead of unchecked) for consistency?

I think that would be nice.

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 06:35:31 pm »

it would help if when doing bulk adds you can pick what you want for the check boxes for each bulk add.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 11:37:12 am »

it would help if when doing bulk adds you can pick what you want for the check boxes for each bulk add.

I don't want another pop up each time asking check or uncheck during a bulk add. Rather I'd have set in preferences once 'always check/uncheck when doing bulk adds.'