Author Topic: Do you collect cheat code books/guides  (Read 1429 times)

lordscott

Do you collect cheat code books/guides
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:11:52 pm »
I'm asking this because i don't know am i only one who does this but sometimes i collect code books & guides but however i don't go out of my way and buy them or get them like i said i only sometimes do buy or get them and sometimes i don't buy them or get them.

& yes i admit i as a gamer sometimes use them and sometimes i don't use them at all if that makes sense now it's your turn Do you collect cheat code books/guides & before you ask if someone giving me 1 for free am i passing it up  no I'm not passing it up i would added it to my collection even though i don't go out of my way and buy them or get them.

& if you answer this question please be completely honest with us and i don't mind if you wish to include your opinions too as well like what i just did enjoy :).

Re: Do you collect cheat code books/guides
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 05:15:26 pm »
I do pick up guides for games I own if they are cheap, code books I would only take them if they were given away for free.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 05:17:51 pm »
Same here I usually add them fro free in the collection not looking to spend money on them. But I won't pass out on a lot for a couple 100 when good guides are included for 5 euro's a pop. Since good guides for rpg's etc sell for allot more while having a chance to add the best condition ones to the collection for next to nothing.

I don't use them or anything but they are nice to look through once in a while but gameplay wise I never use them.

I do only collect them for the better games that I like though so no random guides for me. For code books I have less interest but I occasionally receive them for free in lots for keeps, especially for the older consoles they are slightly interesting.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:35:18 pm »
I only buy video game books if I see them for cheap and they are basically for taking up space in the shelf I put PC games on. I really don't use them anymore, especially since nowadays once a book comes out, the game has been changed so much.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:39:32 pm »
I don't collect cheat guides since they are all readily available and then some online now. However I do collect guides, which the same can be said for, but it's partially about the artwork and that strategy guides are typically way easier to follow and better organized than most online walkthroughs. I probably have around 200 players guides.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 08:41:50 pm »
I don't pay full-price for them, but I will pick-up the codebooks when I see them cheap at Goodwill. Just more convenient than logging into your computer or your phone to look them up if you need one.

But I don't do strategy guides, for the most part. I don't like getting spoiled in a game. I want that sense of exploration and moments of surprise. I do make exceptions for massively-huge games like Oblivion or Morrowind because if not, I'd probably miss-out and a LOT of stuff I'd never discover on my own.

kashell

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 08:51:18 am »
I don't collect cheat code books, but I love collecting strategy guides for games that I have.

Similar to the way folks will just casually flip through the pages of their favorite magazine, that's what I do for strategy guides. Even if the guide is crappy, it's always fun to look at the artwork.

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 12:02:58 pm »
Not really, but I do have some of the older Nintendo Power published ones.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »
I don't collect them, but I'd like to get the How To Win At Nintendo books.

shepard11

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 05:09:51 pm »
Most of the guides I have are from when I brought them when I first got the game (Before the internet was a big thing). But if I see one I don't have cheap I'll pick it up. But condition is everything.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 05:54:46 pm »
I did for awhile and got a small stack of guides, but I don't really collect them regularly unless it's something interesting and cheap, though I collect all the guides for Zelda stuff and almost finished with the hardback ones they released, though I need the Link Between Worlds one that weirdly skyrocketed in price.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 04:06:02 am »
I do pick up guides for games I own if they are cheap, code books I would only take them if they were given away for free.

Same. I like cheap guides and I cannot lie. :)

But I only use them after I've beaten the game. I like finishing the game on my own then going back and getting everything I missed using the guide. :)

Code books I kinda don't care about.

madmax

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 12:38:56 pm »
I won't go out of my way for guidebooks but if I stumble upon a really good deal, I'll bite.