Author Topic: September 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 9977 times)

maximo310

September 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:51:39 am »
 A new month is beginning!  So here's a new thread to show off your cool finds!

indenton

Re: September 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:05:11 am »
I found Persona 3 FES & Shadow Hearts: Covenant stacked with each other in my local CeX ready to be displayed in a cabinet.  I had no money on me at the time, I felt like it would already be gone by the time I came back tomorrow.  Persona 3 FES was already priced at £40, pretty much retail price. 

I checked online, they had 9 copy of Persona 3 FES across all their stores, Amazon & eBay listing £50 at its absolute cheapest, there certainly was something satisfying about find these games in person, Collector mentaility?  Wind Waker with Bonus disc & Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes were also on display.  I didn't want to shell out for all of these, so I went in the next day and Persona 3 FES was no longer in the cabinet, not on the shelves with the other PS2 games, I told a cashier about the situation and luckily it was still behind the counter and I claimed my small victory for the day, it was in pretty good condition too with manual included

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil has been on the store shelf for a while now... story of my life. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:08:18 am by indenton »

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:03:33 pm »
Picked these up at a Salvation Army for 1.99$ each:
GTA Vice City PS2 greatest hits cib
GTA Liberty City Stories PS2 cib
Headhunter PS2 cib
Army Men Air Attack 2 PS2 loose
Devil May Cry PS2 greatest hits cib

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
I found Persona 3 FES & Shadow Hearts: Covenant stacked with each other in my local CeX ready to be displayed in a cabinet.  I had no money on me at the time, I felt like it would already be gone by the time I came back tomorrow.  Persona 3 FES was already priced at £40, pretty much retail price. 

I checked online, they had 9 copy of Persona 3 FES across all their stores, Amazon & eBay listing £50 at its absolute cheapest, there certainly was something satisfying about find these games in person, Collector mentaility?  Wind Waker with Bonus disc & Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes were also on display.  I didn't want to shell out for all of these, so I went in the next day and Persona 3 FES was no longer in the cabinet, not on the shelves with the other PS2 games, I told a cashier about the situation and luckily it was still behind the counter and I claimed my small victory for the day, it was in pretty good condition too with manual included

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil has been on the store shelf for a while now... story of my life.

Is FES still that pricey? I got a sealed copy for like 15 bucks last year.

indenton

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 10:31:16 pm »
Is FES still that pricey? I got a sealed copy for like 15 bucks last year.
Look up the PAL version, It's a lot more valuable in Europe, that £40 one is the cheapest I've ever seen it.  Pretty similar story for most PS2 RPGs.  I believe the PS2 price creep is in motion right now
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:34:47 pm by indenton »

retrogemcollector

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 03:30:09 am »

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 08:55:55 am »
Yeah, Europe doesn't get the same print runs as NA.  I wanna say Atlus is a special case too, I can never remember the exact details, but I wanna say Atlus has always had problems with Europe.

Got my Shadow Complex Remastered in the mail yesterday.

Also hit 2 pawn shops.  Picked up Tomb Raider Trilogy (PS3) and Reload (Wii).

Pawn shop had a stack of SNES and N64 games, not priced, so I asked and they priced them.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron $30... loose.  Yeah, good fucking luck with that.  Shit, they even told me $3, $4, and $5, for some newer games... but when they rang it up, they rang them up as $3.99, $4.99, and $5.99.  I said fuck that shit, that isn't what you said.  SHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIT.  They had a DVD case with fake art for the Dreamcast game Evil Twin.  I asked to see the disc.  Disc looked like a PS1 game that someone printed out fake artwork and used a CD stamper.  Like the disc looked like someone printed out fanart onto a CD label, no system logo or anything.  And they paid fucking money for that.  Last time I went to that shop I paid $10 for Ice Climber (NES) and that was a few years ago.

I forget how bad some pawn shops suck in my area.  I think one had Gotcha Force CIB for $275 a few years back.  I bet they still have it.

shepard11

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 05:17:36 pm »
Ended up picking up Madden NFL 15 for $9 bucks at target yesterday.

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 06:33:14 pm »
Got some pretty good additions but aside from Xenoverse 2 next month will probably be my last additions to my collection for awhile.

GBC
Dragon Warrior 1&2
Dragon Warrior 3

Dreamcast
D2

PS1
Tomba 2 (completed probably gonna sell my not complete copy)

PS4
God Eater 2 Rage Burst

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 04:07:22 am »
Target is currently clearancing out many of their Wii U titles, especially third party titles and games that didn't sell as well as Nintendo may have hoped. Upon them are Shovel Knight, Xenoblade X, Angry Birds Trilogy, and Mighty No. 9 to name a few.

I picked up Rodea which is a game I've been interested in for some time. For $10 brand new I couldn't pass it up :)

maximo310

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 04:14:20 am »
Huge amount of stuff incoming! Missed out on a few good deals due to sellers canceling at the last minute, but I did manage to get some stuff I wanted:
Vgcollect: Eternal Darkness (GC,CIB)- from kash
Target:
Mighty No. 9 (Wii U,CIB)- $14.98

Reddit: Rune Factory Frontier (Wii, CIB)- $15

Ebay:
Viewtiful Joe(GC,CIB)- $6
Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC, CIB)- $10
Phantom Dust (Xbox, CIB)-$12
Punch-Out (Wii, CIB)- $11
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii, CIB, no soundtrack)- $23

GS:
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (PS3,CIB)- free w/ points
Resonance of Fate (PS3, CIB)- free w/ points
Tetris DS (DS, CIB)- $16
Fritz Chess ( Wii, CIB)- $27
Geom Cube (Wii)- $0.89
Cliver Barker's Jericho Special Edition ( CIB w/ steelcase)- $0.89
manual for Vanquish ps3 -free

Gameplay:

NBA Courtside 2002 (GC, missing game)- free
007: Agent Under Fire (GC, CIB)- $4
Beyond Good & Evil (GC, CIB- $10

Offerup:
Mario Party 4 (GC,CIB)- $20
Crash: Mind over Mutant (CIB)-$5
Warioware (GC, CIB)-$15

Bookoff:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2, CIB)-$8

Goodwill:
Got these for $18
- NES System w/ 2 controllers
-Rad Racer
- Super Mario Bros
-Super Mario Bros 2
-Side Pocket
-Karate Champ
-Skate or Die
-Commando
-Blades of Steel
-Mickey Mousecapade
-Golf
-Excitebike
-Pro Wrestling
-Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!
-Section Z
-Trojan
-Track & Field
-Karnov
-Super Mario Bros 2
- Bases Loaded
-Baseball
-R.C Pro Am
 and a copy of Serial Experiments Lain Vol 1
At a another goodwill I got Backyard Baseball (GC,CIB) and Jimmy Neutron (GC, CIB) for $4 each, Crash Twinsanity (PS2, missing manual) for $3, and got World Series Baseball 2k1 (DC, CIB) and Sega Rally Championship (DC, loose) for 50c each.

FB: Got some DS stuff from a group for $45
- Bleach:Dark Souls CIB
-Picross 3D CIB
the rest have no games
- Nanostray 2
- Rune Factory 2
-Rune Factory 3
-Nintendogs Dachsund & friends
-Mario Kart DS
-Final Fantasy IV
-Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
-Dementium II
-Frozen: Olaf's Quest
-Yu Gi Oh GX:Spirit Caller

Gotta test out a few of these since a few, ( including the DC stuff) were pretty heavily scratched. But I got a few of my wants for my collection bumped out of the way.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:22:32 pm by maximo310 »

madmax

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2016, 12:35:33 pm »
After almost 2 years of no collecting because I was overseas, I finally started collecting again! It's going to be a slow start since I still have to move my collection to my new place (across the country).

Anyway. Finally got FF Origins. I have the Japanese collectors FF Origin but I've never had the NA release. Should be shipped after labor day weekend.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2016, 02:30:10 pm »
Did have quite the long vacation and a pretty long break from collecting and playing older games aside from the handheld that I had with me.

Just been back for less than 2 weeks and I'm pretty pleased with the deals I have made, i'm pretty sure that I have missed quite allot of deals though.

2 free ps1 games both cib and in excellent shape

Bomberman
jumping flash

all cib

Jak and daxter lost frontier psp 3 euro's
timeplitters 4 euro's
legacy of kain defiance for free
suikoden Iv for free

Some free gameboy spare carts and manuals wario land and donkey kong

FF VIII pc cib with all paper work in excellent shape came with my snes deal for free

All snes games cib and in excellent shape all for free

wolverine adamantinium rage
blues brothers
DK country
super ghouls n ghosts

Than my unfortunate add

Lunar legend 2 for free
It has everything except for the music CD with it's sleeve

it's a shame but the condition of the outer box the discs and ofcourse that all other things are included while making a nice profit and replacing some ntc discs in mint shape make it a decent deal.

I'll probably find a 2nd copy with the music cd so that should not be to big deal since the outer box condition is usually in pretty rough shape.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:32:33 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2016, 03:14:31 pm »
Huge amount of stuff incoming! Missed out on a few good deals due to sellers canceling at the last minute, but I did manage to get some stuff I wanted:
Target:
Mighty No. 9 (Wii U,CIB)- $14.98

Reddit: Rune Factory Frontier (Wii, CIB)- $15

Ebay:
Viewtiful Joe(GC,CIB)- $6
Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC, CIB)- $10
Phantom Dust (Xbox, CIB)-$12
Punch-Out (Wii, CIB)- $11
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii, CIB, no soundtrack)- $23

GS:
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (PS3,CIB)- free w/ points
Resonance of Fate (PS3, CIB)- free w/ points
Tetris DS (DS, CIB)- $16
Fritz Chess ( Wii, CIB)- $27
Geom Cube (Wii)- $0.89
Cliver Barker's Jericho Special Edition ( CIB w/ steelcase)- $0.89
manual for Vanquish ps3 -free

Gameplay:

NBA Courtside 2002 (GC, missing game)- free
007: Agent Under Fire (GC, CIB)- $4
Beyond Good & Evil (GC, CIB- $10

Offerup:
Mario Party 4 (GC,CIB)- $20
Crash: Mind over Mutant (CIB)-$5
Warioware (GC, CIB)-$15

Bookoff:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2, CIB)-$8

Goodwill:
Got these for $18
- NES System w/ 2 controllers
-Rad Racer
- Super Mario Bros
-Super Mario Bros 2
-Side Pocket
-Karate Champ
-Skate or Die
-Commando
-Blades of Steel
-Mickey Mousecapade
-Golf
-Excitebike
-Pro Wrestling
-Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!
-Section Z
-Trojan
-Track & Field
-Karnov
-Super Mario Bros 2
- Bases Loaded
-Baseball
-R.C Pro Am
 and a copy of Serial Experiments Lain Vol 1
At a another goodwill I got Backyard Baseball (GC,CIB) and Jimmy Neutron (GC, CIB) for $4 each, Crash Twinsanity (PS2, missing manual) for $3, and got World Series Baseball 2k1 (DC, CIB) and Sega Rally Championship (DC, loose) for 50c each.

FB: Got some DS stuff from a group for $45
- Bleach:Dark Souls CIB
-Picross 3D CIB
the rest have no games
- Nanostray 2
- Rune Factory 2
-Rune Factory 3
-Nintendogs Dachsund & friends
-Mario Kart DS
-Final Fantasy IV
-Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice
-Dementium II
-Frozen: Olaf's Quest
-Yu Gi Oh GX:Spirit Caller

Gotta test out a few of these since a few, ( including the DC stuff) were pretty heavily scratched. But I got a few of my wants for my collection bumped out of the way.

NicE!  I found a first generation Xbox at a Goodwill store for $40.  It didn't have any controllers or power cables.
I passed on it.

lordscott

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »
I know it haven't come yet since today i happily just ordered it from Amazon and it is a PS2 disc called Ultimate codes Kingdom hearts and Final Fantasy X I saw it on Amazon and i thought what the heck and ordered it to added it to my collection and added it to my Final Fantasy collection too as well if you think I'm too old/I'm getting too old due to the fact I'm 28 years old & I'm a Final Fantasy fan/huge fan at my age i fully understand & in December I'll be 29 years old.

Hopefully they sent me it & hopefully they sent me the right order that i buy & 1 more thing i do love other games,anime & manga other then Final Fantasy,i have other games,anime & manga in my collection other then Final Fantasy. & i do have other favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga other then Final Fantasy if you don't believe me then either check out any of my lists on here or on my account on Giantbomb :).