Author Topic: Retro City Rampage DX Case Question  (Read 3632 times)

washerdryercombo

Retro City Rampage DX Case Question
« on: September 25, 2016, 11:49:00 pm »
Does this case belong in the standard PSP Games category? I think it belongs more in a Swag category (Maybe make a new one under "Mock-up Case") as the game was never released on a UMD.

http://vgcollect.com/item/111601

Re: Retro City Rampage DX Case Question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:58:45 am »
I feel like it should be left where it is. The case has an official product code and UPC on it. It should be treated no differently then a game with a code inside the box. If this gets moved, then Minecraft (Vita), MLB 15 (Vita), and Guardians of Middle Earth (PS3) should all be moved as well. I'm sure there's more out there with codes. Those are the few that came to mind though.

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 10:34:28 am »
The current description of the item says it is an part included in the PS4 physical release? How is the PSP portion packaged? Does it come with the PSP case or just the insert? If it comes with the case, is there an outer box or package that contains it and the PS4 game?

My first thinking is that it should not be in the game category either.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 11:08:08 am »
The current description of the item says it is an part included in the PS4 physical release? How is the PSP portion packaged? Does it come with the PSP case or just the insert? If it comes with the case, is there an outer box or package that contains it and the PS4 game?

My first thinking is that it should not be in the game category either.

The PSP case was just an extra bonus add-in for those who ordered the physical PS4 version early. They made a PSP cover insert and an instruction manual and included those with an empty PSP case. The PSP game itself is just a cross-buy digital PSN title that can be played on PSP/Vita/PS3/PS4 and was emailed to buyers.  Falls under the category of physical product but with digital game ... :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 12:34:28 pm »
So it is a swag or it is a PSP/N game? To put it into the PSP digital category?

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 01:49:36 pm »
So it is a swag or it is a PSP/N game? To put it into the PSP digital category?

That's the question, yup. We've been struggling with how best to handle these items...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 04:51:24 pm »
It comes with a PSP Case, Insert, & Manual. The only thing you don't get is a UMD. It has an Official Product code and Barcode on the Insert.

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »
1 thing of importance to note is that the case was pieced out. it shipped as a blank psp case, a outer cover, a Manuel, and had to be pieced together by the consumer.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 06:29:51 pm »
Is there a reason why it needs to be separate from the PS4 game? That's the other thing so far not mentioned.

Up until now, it was just pack-in items from systems can have separate entries, or additional games in non-system bundles, whereas game package and each individual game has their own entries. Then we have a situation or two where collector's edition items were included separately from the game where no outer containing box was used. Is there any other items in the DB that is splitting out non-game items like this we need to consider also?

@rayne315: I don't think the intent of the item matters in this situation. What I am wondering is how the item was packaged. When I look online, I only find pictures of the bundle where the PSP stuff and the PS4 game is separate. Is there an outer box that contains all this stuff, or was it sent with the game and PSP case being separate?

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 07:09:48 pm »
I feel like it should remain separate from the PS4 version. What kind of a Collector is going to display or store it with their PS4 games? I display it with my PSP games. Because that's what it is. If I ever decide to part with it, I will not be parting with my PS4 copy as well. Going buy the logic of keeping it with the PS4 version then there should be another listing in the Database just for numbers 1 through 1000 who all received digital codes of the PSP/Vita/PS4/PS3 and Steam versions.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 07:26:34 pm »
To answer tripredacus's question, there was no outer box. In the shipping container there was:
- PS4 physical game box & disc (sealed)
- PSP empty box
- PSP cover art insert
- PSP manual

Technically, the publisher called the PSP items a "display set," which is probably why they were all packaged separately:

http://vblank.com/20160719.php

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 12:29:32 am »
I'd call it swag. There's no game disc, it's just a box. It's swag. It's for display only.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 10:02:28 am »
I feel like it should remain separate from the PS4 version. What kind of a Collector is going to display or store it with their PS4 games?

We are talking about the database, not a person's own preferences on arranging or sorting their collection.

I think there are two options. Following the previous decision on Grand Kingdom, we can put these PSP items into the swag category. However, since these are platform specific items, it can also be put into PlayStation Portable Accessory.
http://vgcollect.com/browse/pspaccessory

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 10:20:40 am »
It should be treated the same as game cases that come with download codes only.  If you received this item, you should have also received a download code.

If games like Lara Croft temple of osiris (PS4) is listed as physical, this too should.
http://vgcollect.com/item/73179

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
And don't forget that only the first 1000 buyers got them.