Author Topic: What is your favorite pizza place?  (Read 3270 times)

What is your favorite pizza place?
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:34:36 pm »
My favorite commercial Pizza chain is Dominoes :D  I love their garlic crust and their sauce.   but my favorite pizza place of all time is a local pizza shop called Mike's pizzeria. They layer triple layers of cheese and meats.  Each slice weights maybe a quarter pound. :)  The staff is Very friendly and always uplifting. Its really an experience to eat there. Its expensive but worth it.  But typically I order dominoes.  I am a dominoes fan boy. My friend hates them so we usually get 2 deliveries because he favors papa johns.  I like papa johns too but I don't like the crust and dough.

What is your favorite pizza chain? :)

azure

Re: What is your favorite pizza place?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:37:28 pm »
My Italian friend's, mother's pizza. Straight up family recipe straight from the source, can't beat it. Take it over any pizza chain, anytime.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:42:39 pm »
All of those that don't live on the West Coast have no clue. Round Table Pizza is amazing. Never have I been disappointed, never has it tasted like canned or frozen ingredients, never does the cheese come out rubbery, and they have this magical ranch dip that tastes better than any other I have ever had. Dominoes and Pizza Hut are crap in comparison, no joke.

But more than Round Table Pizza (which is a chain over here), is a local place in my town called Player's Pizza. Not as good of ranch as Round Table, but even better pizza, which was hard for me to believe until I tried it. The toppings are piled so freaking high that the pizza sags as you take it out. It's fantastic! Not only that, but that was my local arcade growing up as a kid. So much money wasted on Raiden II.

indenton

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »
My Dad built a Pizza oven in the back garden, knead some dough, plate up some condiments and prepare your pizza just as you please.  The sheer novelty of the thing makes the pizza's much more enjoyable!  You can cook all sorts of things in it too!

We're talking about a nice thing, I feel like I'm always complaining in the threads as of recent.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 03:51:29 pm »
I used to like Mellow Mushroom when they had the Caesar salad pizza but they seemed to have discontinued that. My new favorite is Marco's.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 04:53:28 pm »
Pizza is pizza. It's all good but I'd say my favorite is Anthony's Pizza, but it's rather expensive for what it is. You can get a good lunch deal though. My other favorite places are pretty much all of them, but I think I'm partial to Papa Johns and Dominos. Little Caesars is also good for a quick, cheap pie.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 07:08:47 pm »
Local authentic Italian pasta & pizza restaurants first and foremost. As for chains, I haven't ordered in years, no comment.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 07:26:43 pm »
Not super picky about pizza, but I've generally always liked Pizza Hut for their crusts.  Not that there isn't better pizza, there certainly is, but I love their stuffed crust. 

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 08:11:02 pm »
I got agree, dominoes is the best chain. BJs got pretty good pizza but not cheap

Little ceasers and la pizza loca for that cheap pizza
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 01:44:21 am »
Chainwise- Pizza Hut- Can't beat their $6 Medium 3-Topping Deal

For better quality, I usually go to Stefano's or Pizza Rev. Round Table is pretty good, but there are almost none in my area.

Flashback2012

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 03:02:58 am »
Favorite chain place would have to be Marco's. They make a solid pizza pie for a good price. Amazing cheese bread as well.

After them, I'd have to say Jet's Pizza. Their deep dish is quite good when it doesn't give me an upset stomach (from the crapton of garlic they use).

For cheap eats, it's usually Little Caesars or Domino's. Papa Johns used to be up there but it has slid downward considerably in the last few years. There's a local chain called LaRosa's that makes a decent, yet overly expensive, pie. Donato's is good if you like thin crust but likewise is rather expensive. One more for the expensive but decent list would be Godfather's Pizza. The Uno's here is nothing like the one in Chicago (which, while good, feels more like a "pizza casserole" than a pizza pie  :P)

I'd call Pizza Hut dog food but that would be an insult to dog food.  :P Chuck E. Cheese pizza is only a small step up, being the closest to ketchup on cardboard that I've found but at least they have killer breadsticks.  ;)

Chains/Locations I've not been to: Mellow Mushroom (heard it's expensive and hoity-toity), Dewey's Pizza (this is on my short list of places I want to try), Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake and/or Mama Mimi's Take and Bake (I'll never understand how this concept ever got off the ground  ???) and various local mom n' pop places about town that are too expensive to be considered. We tried to eat at a place called Fratelli's a few weeks ago and saw people coming out with HUGE boxes so we went in, saw them charging almost $15 for a medium and promptly walked out.  :(

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 03:43:06 am »
In NY, Tony's.

Thick cheese like bubble gum. Thin crust. So much grease you swear your going to have a heart attach three bites in.

Here in Cali...

Sal's. You can get them to make it the same way. The owner is from New York. :)

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 05:23:57 pm »
I don't know if it exists outside of Colorado, but there is a Pizza chain here called Marcos Pizza that has hands down the tastiest Pizza I've ever had. Specifically their location in Louisville, just east of Boulder, is the best.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 07:05:41 pm »
All of those that don't live on the West Coast have no clue. Round Table Pizza is amazing. Never have I been disappointed, never has it tasted like canned or frozen ingredients, never does the cheese come out rubbery, and they have this magical ranch dip that tastes better than any other I have ever had. Dominoes and Pizza Hut are crap in comparison, no joke.

But more than Round Table Pizza (which is a chain over here), is a local place in my town called Player's Pizza. Not as good of ranch as Round Table, but even better pizza, which was hard for me to believe until I tried it. The toppings are piled so freaking high that the pizza sags as you take it out. It's fantastic! Not only that, but that was my local arcade growing up as a kid. So much money wasted on Raiden II.

Going to Player's Pizza tonight. I'll try to remember to take a pick of the generous toppings.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 09:36:51 am »
Pizza is like sex. Even if you're eating bad pizza, you're still eating pizza.   ;)

For chains; I like Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's.

My favorite pizza is a place called Upper Crust Pizza.  Give me that Greek with extra olives! I love it.