Author Topic: Is there a game or console that most people have but you don't?  (Read 1492 times)

Is there a game or console that most people have but you don't?
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:29:45 pm »
For me it's SNES lol.   I know, cast the stones, burn me at the stake lol. I am a heathen  ;D.  A "collector" that doesn't have one of the most popular and acclaimed consoles ever made.  I don't know how I've gone so long without having a super Nintendo entirely. I actually feel shame for it  Sincere shame.  So hence I will save up and purchase a SNES this next week no matter what.  After all these years of wondering why I don't have one. I have 4 gamecubes but have managed to not have 1 SNES. it is madness.

I would like to explain why I don't have one in whatever way I can manage to explain that craziness lmao.   Well firstly I got one as a gift,  and it was broken, so I wasn't buying one for a great time because I figured I would just fix the one I had. Then eventually I traded the broken one for a PS2 game.  Then I got Genesis.  Then I realized Genesis was not only cheaper for games but also cheaper for the console.  So I kept holding off. But no longer. lol.   Next week is time for me to be born again true.  :D.

What is a popular game or console that most people have but you never got around to getting?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Is there a game or console that most people have but you don't?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »
Saturn. I used to have one, but I sold my Saturn collection to get an HDTV and XBox One. I don't regret it, because I really like my XBox One. But at the same time, really do miss my Saturn. And it's hard to get back into Saturn collecting from scratch, at this point.

telly

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 02:34:01 pm »
The big consoles for me that I don't have yet would probably be the NES, Genesis, and N64.

Now for me, I haven't been collecting for a very long time, and I don't have a ton of space to keep a bunch of consoles. Those are the main reasons why I haven't gotten around to buying a lot of these consoles (even though I do want them at some point).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:52:41 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 02:43:17 pm »
Nope :)

I think I have the spectrum covered of systems most folks have.

Just need to acquire a cd-i.

azure

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 02:51:03 pm »
Probably a Genesis/Megadrive, haven't got around to getting one yet.

davifus

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 03:10:54 pm »
Ps4/xbox1
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 04:11:15 pm »
I don't have an original front loading NES. I have a top loader, but I haven't had the classic NES in years.

I also don't own a North American Saturn, an original Gameboy, or XBONE.

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 04:15:41 pm »
Pacman and tetris for me.

Pretty boring games in my opinion  ::)

as far as consoles go I'd love to say ps3 but unfortunately I actually own one  :-\

I can say ps4 and xbox one though wich I both don't own.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:18:32 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »
I don't have a single playstation console. Probably the biggest reason is that I find the dual shock the most uncomfortable controller I've ever used. I also have 0 Sega consoles, manly because I never had one growing up and neither did any of my friends, so the desire to collect just isn't there.

I do have 2 PSPs (1 original, 1 GO), but those were free from dismantling my store's retail displays.

As for games, The Call of Duty games and simulation sports titles (Madden, Fifa, etc.). The only reason I have any in my collection is because I'm running out of other games to get and/or they've been dirt cheap. I even made it to 500 titles in my 360 retail library before getting more than 5 sports games for the system.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:11:55 pm by emporerdragon »

theflea

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 06:42:16 pm »
um... no. lol
All the gaming consoles I'm missing are odd rare consoles most common collector's do not own.  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

stealthrush

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 08:40:51 pm »
Nintendo 64
Xbox
Wii
PS3

Never cared for any of those systems.

maximo310

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 12:06:00 am »
It used to be a Genesis, but since I've picked that up I pretty much have all of the major retro consoles ( besides SMS). Still no PS4 yet; I'll probably wait for another drop in price.

Gameswise, I don't have a ton of first party stuff from the SNES since I never find anything for the console in the wild.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 06:21:02 am »
Atari and Saturn

I lost a bunch of stuff in the Great Divorce of 2015.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 07:43:08 am »
That would be the Neo Geo Pocket Colour... Most of my friends have picked one up but I have yet to pull the trigger and aquire one myself!

doafan

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 10:42:22 am »
That should be the Sega Genesis the first Xbox and the Playstation 3  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy