Author Topic: PS3 Favoritos  (Read 1822 times)

PS3 Favoritos
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:38:37 pm »
Why was this moved to PS3 Brazil?

http://vgcollect.com/item/109987

These games are available in Brazil. However the ones with the ESRB Rating are from Mexico. Brazil has a different rating system. They don't use the ESRB rating.

Brazil Rating

Mexico Rating

tripredacus

Re: PS3 Favoritos
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:19:27 pm »
I fixed the title on that entry just now.
We don't have a PS3 [MX] category currently, so it doesn't matter which category it is in. Mexico is not North America. What category did you make the game in?

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:00:13 pm »
Mexico is North America. If you look on a map. North America consists of The USA, Canada, and Mexico. Any Mexican games should be considered North American. If they have their own section (PS3 [MX]) then Canada should have one to (PS3 [CA]).

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 02:14:30 pm »
Mexico is North America. If you look on a map. North America consists of The USA, Canada, and Mexico. Any Mexican games should be considered North American. If they have their own section (PS3 [MX]) then Canada should have one to (PS3 [CA]).
  Well it may be in the same geographical region as North America, because of MANY ideological and cultural differences they're more considered to be part of central america as Mexico is quite similar to them. But technically yes Mexico is a part of North America.

Edit; Turns out technically Greenland, all of central America and even the Caribbean are a part of North America.

telly

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 02:19:17 pm »
I certainly think it makes the more sense to have it in the [NA] category than to have it in [BR ] or as its own section within browse.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »
I certainly think it makes the more sense to have it in the [NA] category than to have it in [BR ] or as its own section within browse.

I agree with this. If it was the Brazilian version then sure. There are tons of games out there exclusive or popular in Brazil such as the Saint Seiya series. So the BR section is relevant.

I wouldn't even say anything to be honest, but adding unnecessary regions to my collection just clutters my PS3 section and I absolutely hate it.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:29:04 am »
I put the game back into [NA] category.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 04:10:09 pm »
Thank you. :)

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 10:44:33 am »
On the topic of Mexico, it seems times are changing. At one point, Mexico was considered Central America and that is how I remember it being taught in grade school. Even looking it up online, I can find it being Central or North America, so there is no real consensus it seems.

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 10:49:30 am »
On the topic of Mexico, it seems times are changing. At one point, Mexico was considered Central America and that is how I remember it being taught in grade school. Even looking it up online, I can find it being Central or North America, so there is no real consensus it seems.
From what I recall Central America is considered part of the North American continent.