Author Topic: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 12273 times)

doafan

October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« on: September 30, 2016, 11:01:30 pm »
The year is ending so damn fast and another month is almost ending, everybody know what to do here  :P

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

telly

Re: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 01:09:38 pm »
I picked up a CIB SNES Cleaning Kit for $10 at my local game store. I'd say they slipped up a little bit with that one, it's a nice display item.  :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

realpoketendonl

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 08:18:24 pm »
Dang I got lucky! I was at a toy store today and they had MadWorld brand new just lying around in a bargain bin for €8,50! This game always looked interesting to me, and now that thanks to Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance I've fallen in love with PlatinumGames I just had to get it! What a steal!

Also picked up a Wii U screen protector. I don't even have a Wii U yet, but I'm going to get one in the not-so-distant future and €3,50 isn't much for a screen protector and stylus.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 09:12:24 pm »
About a handful of times since I've been collecting, I have had periods of time, usually lasting a month or so where I am showered with excellent deals on pretty rare and uncommon games. Last week it was some very hard to find DS games and today...well, take a look.

I had an event to go to way up north and there are a few excellent game stores in the area I was in so of course I had to swing by and take a look at them. Ended up finding some really rare games at them, all well below ebay price. The one that floored me the most was City of Lost Children which I have never seen until today in person and it was going for about half of Ebay. Also was very excited to find a Time Crisis Project Titan big box as well since these things are hard to find.

anagar

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 01:14:22 am »
PS3
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
PS4
Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
Wii
A Boy and His Blob
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 02:35:23 am »
About a handful of times since I've been collecting, I have had periods of time, usually lasting a month or so where I am showered with excellent deals on pretty rare and uncommon games. Last week it was some very hard to find DS games and today...well, take a look.

I had an event to go to way up north and there are a few excellent game stores in the area I was in so of course I had to swing by and take a look at them. Ended up finding some really rare games at them, all well below ebay price. The one that floored me the most was City of Lost Children which I have never seen until today in person and it was going for about half of Ebay. Also was very excited to find a Time Crisis Project Titan big box as well since these things are hard to find.

Red Star is a hidden-gem you hardly hear anyone talk about. Very fun shoot-em up & beat-em up in one. Great find on that one!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 02:38:29 pm »
Dang I got lucky! I was at a toy store today and they had MadWorld brand new just lying around in a bargain bin for €8,50! This game always looked interesting to me, and now that thanks to Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance I've fallen in love with PlatinumGames I just had to get it! What a steal!

Not really a steal  ;).

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 04:34:19 pm »
Been awhile since I got to post anything here! Me and my local gamer group did a combined fleamarket event, selling stuff at cheaper than reseller value for most stuff while also looking for deals.  Me and my buddy at one point later in the morning were wandering around a farther out section of the flea market where they have a few larger garage sale booths and we stumbled upon an entire box filled with about a dozen or so mostly complete Intellivision games (Boxes are abit rough), an Intellivision, and like a half dozen Atari games.  No crazy deals, but for 35 bucks, it's not too bad really.  We aren't entirely sure how well it works, couldn't test it at our booth, but I just feel happy finding something cool like that.

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 04:53:05 pm »
Started off the month with

SNES:
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Clayfighter
The Hunt for Red October
Samurai Shodown

N64:
San Francisco Rush
Re-Volt
WWF Attitude

360:
Puss In Boots
Sesame Street Kinect
(581 games left to go for completion.)

Skylanders:
Eon's Elite Ghost Roaster
Eon's Elite Slam Bam

Other Merch:
Street Fighter Deck Building Game

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 05:10:15 pm »
Picked these up at goodwill:
NFL Gameday 2004 PS1 Cib 1.67$
Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit PS1 Cib 3.33$
NASCAR 09 PS2 Cib 3.33$ 
Who Wants to be a Millionaire Tiger LCD 1$
Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 Cib 3.33$
Kawasaki Snowmobiles Wii Cib 1$

theflea

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 03:00:50 am »
Not a lot from garage sales this last week, It's been cold and rainy.

Got the RetroUSB AVS Nintendo, I was hoping this would play some of the PAL games I have that don't play well on the top loader NES. While you can switch the settings to PAL, it won't play on my HDTV. oh well, still looks great.

PS4
- Dragon Fantasy
- Onechanbara ZII Chaos (on a clearance table for $8)

XBone
- Forza Horizon 3 - Ultimate (with controller stand)
- Framing Simulator 15 (on clearance for $5)

Vita
- Dragon Fantasy

PS3
- Destiny (on clearance for $4)

XB360
- The Evil Within (on clearance for $4)

SNES
Found these I needed at a used game store for cheaper then online.
- Rapjam Volume One
- Ultima: The Black Gate
They also sold me a small stack of manuals for $2.

GBC
A used book store had these for $5 for all 3.
- Madden NFL 2002
- Walt Disney World Magical Racing Tour
- Snoopy Tennis

At the only garage sale I found games at, the sale advertised "Video Games" on craigslist and had pictures. I could see a ton of classic and newer games with individual prices. I knew this was going to be a seller or collector. I get there and he had everything just under Ebay. I was able to talk him into a decent deal for the few games I was interested in.
SNES
- Capcom Arcade Fighting Stick ($5)
GG
- Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Ax ($5)
NES
I saw these and was surprised, Don't see hack games at garage sales.
- Tecmo Super Bowl 2K9 ($15)
- Tecmo Super Bowl 2K10 ($15)

Not a lot this week, garage sales sucked and not I wanted to buy this week.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

Flashback2012

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 01:13:44 pm »
Found a couple of things over the weekend...

Myst V: End of Ages (PC)(Sealed) - $8
Dreamworks Madagascar Kartz (DS) - $4

shepard11

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 04:46:31 pm »
My first buys this month just happen to be on my wedding anniversary so my wife and I took a day trip and went to another of my favorites haunts.

GB:
Mega man Wily's Revenge

N64:
Cruis'n Exoctia
NFL Blitz
San Francisco Rush
Rush 2

PSP:
Crazy Taxi Fare Wars
Death Jr.
Darkstalkers Chronicle The Chaos Tower

PS3:
The Last of Us
Ratchet & Clank Future Tools of Destruction Greatest Hits

Sega Dreamcast:
Bang! Gunship Elite
Disney's 102 Dalmatians Puppies to the Rescue

I always try to get a least one dreamcast game when I'm there. He's one of the few that has them in stock and they are always way underbooked. Same goes for PSP games.

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 12:15:01 am »
More of a digital acquisition here, but for the PC game Team Fortress 2, I managed to snag a Green Confetti Mann of Reason. This now ties me in a tie for 3rd for largest single effect collection in the community.

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 04:17:25 pm »
Neo Geo MVS Kit - World Heroes 2

Dipping my toe in the water...  :o