Author Topic: Help a Newbie out! Greatest Hits + Completing games  (Read 1365 times)

Help a Newbie out! Greatest Hits + Completing games
« on: October 19, 2016, 12:45:40 pm »
Hello all!

I just found this site earlier today and have been playing around with it. I do have a couple of questions though..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bclhi0R58iwmFW-1M2mPJcb8mfaix2dWFPr5-4erNw0/edit#gid=0

Above is the list i had before. the first page being the games i completed. Is there a way to track the games i completed in sort of like this manner?

The second question is there a way to track what games i own are greatest hits or not other then just putting it in the notes?

Thank you!

Re: Help a Newbie out! Greatest Hits + Completing games
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 01:28:55 pm »
Update: I figured out my problem with the greatests hits since the database seems to have every version of the game.

The question regarding completion or keep track on how many games i completed still stands.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 02:50:44 pm »
There's no official feature to track game completion but it's possible to write notes on items.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 03:55:59 pm »
There is a site called backloggery designed for people to keep track of game progress in their collections. Downside is that you'd have to enter in your collection all over again there.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 04:57:47 pm »
Hmm.. It almost seems like i will have to do both websites as i love the way its displayed on this website and love the tracking on the other.

Thank you guys!

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 07:07:59 pm »
There is a site called backloggery designed for people to keep track of game progress in their collections. Downside is that you'd have to enter in your collection all over again there.

That's the part that drives me nuts. So many people use it, so all I can think about is all those people entering the same title information over and over again. They don't have a database where you can just select a title.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 07:51:16 pm »

That's the part that drives me nuts. So many people use it, so all I can think about is all those people entering the same title information over and over again. They don't have a database where you can just select a title.

Wow i would not like that at all. I may just have to keep to my google docs lists and update that alongside the vgcollect list. I dont think i know any better way. other then make my own site for it hahaha

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 08:08:00 pm »
Haha, yeah, it's a tough one.

If anything, you can certainly use the notes feature to indicate what you've completed, and that exports out if you ever wanted to view it in a spreadsheet. You can export your collection here:

http://vgcollect.com/settings
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas