Author Topic: Logan  (Read 1054 times)

doafan

Logan
« on: October 21, 2016, 05:59:55 pm »
Kinda surprised that nobody has created a Topic about the last movie of Wolverine, well the last movie that Hugh Jackman is going to perform of this character, the official trailer was released yesterday and even when I do hate what the Fox has done with almost all the Marvel movies this trailer has leaved a good impression and a hype that I haven't had since the first X-Men movie, dunno if it's because of the song which by the way I totally love and I really don't care but am pretty sure that am going to see this one at the movies theater ...

.. also as a comic reader already know that the movies are not 100 accurate to the real history and a clear example of this is that Charles Xavier is still alive also the fact that Laura's presence makes me think that they will kill Logan and X-23 is going to take his place which I also like cause the character has tons of potential if they know how to deal with it.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Re: Logan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:18:08 pm »
I like the look of it, seems more gritty and real, and while it doesn't seem to be the Old Man Logan story, which would've been insane and impossible for them to do, it still looks pretty interesting.  You got basically two of the best parts of the X-Men movie series together in a darker toned movie and I'm all for that.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 12:15:51 am »
First and foremost I am not a huge super hero movie person. I think that the genre has become saturated with films of the genre with Marvel definitely being the biggest offender. I am not going to shit on a genre that many people love, but quite honestly most do not appeal to me in the slightest, that is except the XMEN cinematic universe. With that said, I am insanely hyped for Logan.

It looks so dark and gritty, and just one of those movies where very little hope exists beyond the main protagonists. The only thing that will make me want to see this movie even more is if it ends up getting an R-rating lol.

I expect this movie is going to be a starting point for a revamped XMEN series that was set in motion by XMEN First Class. I believe Xavier and Wolverine both die in this film and X-23 and whoever else they label as the "good" mutants in this movie will eventually make up the next XMEN movie in the timeline. I don't follow the comics, but I've read this is sort of the direction they take, obviously with liberties being taken with source material.

But yeah, ultra excited about this movie!

madmax

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 08:35:19 am »
This is one of my favourite songs (original and cover), I absolutely love the way they used it for this trailer. It sets a really dark tone and I hope that they will embrace it throughout the entire film.
Looks like this will be the final movie with the old X-Men cast.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 02:48:50 pm »
I don't think anyone started a thread, because the general consensus about super-hero movies around here seems to be "meh" when I used to bring the subject up.

Looked awesome to me, though. Looked bloody and gritty. I'm sure the Johnny Cash "Hurt" song helped that out a bit, too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 05:10:34 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 04:21:51 pm »
I'm all for super hero movies.  Certainly don't see anything wrong with them.  Might be abit of over-saturation, can't deny that, but I think Marvel is doing great with their movies.  The others, not so much, outside of Deadpool.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 08:06:39 am »
Old Man Logan just wouldn't have worked as a movie.  The Spider-car or whatever it was?  Inbred Hulk family?   Blind Hawkeye?  Yeah, that couldn't have happened in a movie. 

I like the older, grittier Logan looks cool.  I'm in 100%.   I'll be there to see it.