Author Topic: Do you PC game? What kind of CPU do you use?  (Read 1701 times)

Do you PC game? What kind of CPU do you use?
« on: October 22, 2016, 03:10:30 pm »
Right now I am currently using a Samsung Laptop with 4GB ram, 500GB hardrive and windows 8. :D  I just got it a few days back and I really love it a lot.  I don't game on my PC so I only need certain specs. and I prefer windows 8 over 10 so I never upgrade.  I usually just Browse YouTube and VG collect and other social media sites.

What PC do you use, do you PC game?   :)

robertoman

Re: Do you PC game? What kind of CPU do you use?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 10:47:02 pm »
I game a lot on the PC. As a matter of fact PC games were the first kind of video games I have ever played, Delta Force (I think) was the first game I ever played. For the gaming PC I use now, I am using a Custom Built Computer that has 8GB of ram (possible upgrade soon), 1TB, 125GB and 500GB Hardrives and it is running Windows 10 64-bit (I would like to dual boot into Ubuntu sometime). I am a huge Steam collector and I also collect Origin games as well. PC games have always been my go to for gaming but unfortunately, I don't see much PC gamers on this website.

maximo310

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 12:18:06 am »
My laptop is an HP Envy 17.9" w/ Touchscreen that I got in sept. 2013 for $600. It's got a 1.5TB hard drive, 12 GB of ram, Windows 10 (  free upgrade from 8), an i7-4700 MQ, so its pretty good specwise besides the low end graphics card.  It's pretty great for most of the games I play ( nothing really demanding) and recording; got some pc games along with steam but its kinda secondary compared to my console collection. I do emulate quite a bit on mame.
My parents desktop is powerful too, with similar desktop specs and a slightly better graphics card. Hopefully, I'll replace it with a 980 Ti or a 1060 in the future.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 12:28:47 am »
I'm an avid PC gamer, probably more than consoles really as I play a lot of shooters and I'll be damned if I go back to the archaic days of shooters with a controller lol  I'm abit behind on an upgrade for my system, no money for a full upgrade, though it's still managing with an i5-4670k.  With some help, I've been building my own PC since about 2004.  I'm usually good at building it myself, though I always gotta make sure I get good technical help with picking the parts.

I game a lot on the PC. As a matter of fact PC games were the first kind of video games I have ever played, Delta Force (I think) was the first game I ever played. For the gaming PC I use now, I am using a Custom Built Computer that has 8GB of ram (possible upgrade soon), 1TB, 125GB and 500GB Hardrives and it is running Windows 10 64-bit (I would like to dual boot into Ubuntu sometime). I am a huge Steam collector and I also collect Origin games as well. PC games have always been my go to for gaming but unfortunately, I don't see much PC gamers on this website.

Did you play Delta Force: Black Hawk Down back in the day? That had really good multiplayer for the time.  Kinda underrated I think, though it was nothing amazing.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 03:37:17 am »
I've always preferred PCs to consoles over the years. Nowadays I use my PS4 for casual gaming (like Battlefield, GTA) and my modern PC for more advanced strategy games like Civilization etc.

It's kind of irrelevant to ask which CPU is used since the GPU does the majority of the work these days

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 11:01:00 am »
Currently 3 PCs use these CPUs
- Intel Pentium 4 2GHz (Windows 98FE)
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz (Windows 7 x86)
- Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz (Windows 7 x64)

I still want to build a Windows 95 PC using a Pentium II or !!!, but I don't have everything to do that yet.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 12:30:16 am »
My main box utilizes two Intel Xeon chips at 2.4Ghz with six cores on each chip. Does OK for games but really chews through my video renderings. I need to get a few SSDs and a GTX 1070 on order so I can handle VR.

davifus

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 01:45:34 am »
i7 6700k
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 08:10:40 am »
I have absolutely no idea.  It'll play everything though. 

I just handed my brother a fistful of money and he gave me a computer.  That's just how I get down.